Return

Re: Where have I been

underdog wrote:Did you win?

He's back here, isn't he? :P
by Chadwick
Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Developments on the 5p bag issue....

..I don't want to pay for advertising even my clothes as best as possible have no obvious branding on them.

Just turn the bag inside out
Also there's VAT on bags so the government is making money from this law

You will still see the branding

This issue of having a brand or logo on the bag really seems to worry you.
How did you cope when the bags were free and just handed out as part of the purchasing process?
by Chadwick
Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Developments on the 5p bag issue....

What annoys me is the little shops jumping on the bandwagon and charging 5p for a bag where the money goes straight into their profits. Then they wonder why less people shop at the local corner shop.

Regards
The money might not go into their profits - they might also be giving it to charities.
Even if they do keep it, I don't mind. The little shops don't have the buying power and economies of scale that the big ones do, so they've often got precious little profit. I don't begrudge them 5p just because I didn't bring my own bag. I daresay if you make a big enough purchase, they'll let you off the 5p.
by Chadwick
Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merchant of the Week - Hotels.com

And reliable payers too.

I use Hotels.com also because of their easy to use website and app (just remember to click through Imutual first when booking) and their book-10-nights-get-1-free loyalty bonus (essentially, 10% credit after every 10 nights).
by Chadwick
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lifereader: Psychic readings online

Will my psychic vibes travel down a normal broadband line, or do I need fibre optic?
by Chadwick
Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lifereader: Psychic readings online

Check out Psychic Patrick

Is that our V own macliam :?:

...spent of his early years as a baby dreaming of past lives and watching leprechauns dance.

Nah, I think Macliam's beard is real.

In any case, Psychic Patrick died when he was 3. But he got better and discovered how to send "powerful energetic rays that are transmited anywhere in the world", by which I assume he means sunlight.

(Patrick, I'm sorry if I sound sceptical, but I am sceptical. :problem: )
by Chadwick
Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello

Hello to you to. Welcome to the forums. The regulars will no doubt be along shortly.
by Chadwick
Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Love this one

Would this be considered acceptable if it showed a man beating a woman?

No, I thought not.

This is equally unacceptable.

At face value, I agree.

However, if an image of a man beating a woman was used as part of a campaign against it, to show the horror of such situations, that would be an appropriate use. Or, if it was a metaphor for something else.

This piece is a metaphor for the political change that the women's suffrage movement. It's not an image of violence for the sake of it.
by Chadwick
Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sugar Tax on Cars...!?!

A tax on take away coffee cups next please. They have to go to land fill or be incinerated as they cannot be recycled
It would be interesting if such a tax made the takeaway price the same as the drink-in price. I wonder how many people would still insist on a paper cup whilst they stay in the coffee shop. :twisted:
by Chadwick
Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sugar Tax on Cars...!?!

A tax on take away coffee cups next please. They have to go to land fill or be incinerated as they cannot be recycled paper, plastic or polystyrene.

Most take away coffee is in paper cups lined with plastic and they are not recyclable hence adding to the landfill disaster that this country is facing. So much is ending up in landfill we are having to move to burning it instead.
They ARE recyclable. But there are only two places in the UK that can do it.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/16/takeaway-coffee-cups-recycle-environment-waste

The problem is getting the cups to the recycling plants. The council won't go through the street bins to separate the rubbish, and even where there are recycling bins - including home collection - when the rubbish is sorted, there usually isn't a stream for coffee cups (or juice cartons, which are similar).
by Chadwick
Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: hotel scan

Ccashbacklover wrote:Change IP address in between every site during each day, clear cookies in between every site, click out on view deal - dont do a search via search box

It's a lot of faff for 4p.
by Chadwick
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Policy Expert Rejected

I've had my Policy Expert claim rejected.

Assuming you're referring to the recently-rejected transaction dated 26 Nov 2015, you haven't yet submitted a claim.

Surely making a claim is the first thing to do.
Posting on the public forums is little more than gossiping about it, or airing your dirty laundry. Nothing will happen on the public forum - you can't share private/personal information here. The claim system is designed to help resolve issues exactly like this.
by Chadwick
Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caption comp (ends Fri 15 Apr) + last week's winner

"This is Panama. It's a kind of piggy bank where you can stash your valuables."
by Chadwick
Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No I don't. Well not at the moment. Oh yes I did...

I don't think he's done anything wrong or illegal, nor his father, in respect of putting money in an off-shore tax haven. It's an option open to all of us, if we have the resources and that's fine in principle; we'd all like to reduce our tax bill if we could.

These schemes serve two purposes: to reduce your tax bill, and to hide the true source of the money. There are perfectly good, legal and above board reasons for doing that.

However, it is rubbing our noses in it when the Prime Minister appears to be benefiting from personal tax arrangements on the one hand, whilst speaking out against them on the other hand. It reminds me of an exchange in Yes Minister...

Sir Humphrey Appleby: It is so difficult for me you see, as I am wearing two hats.
James Hacker: Yes, isn't that rather awkward for you.
Sir Humphrey Appleby: Not if one is in two minds.
Bernard Woolley: Or has two faces.

Cameron has also done himself no favours by refusing to answer the question clearly in the first place. As soon as a politician is seen to be choosing their words carefully, you know there's something more to dig out. Even if it's just that the politician is in an awkward corner, rather than any real wrongdoing.
by Chadwick
Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tandem Bank - I knew this was coming...

fixing the industry

Not sure that's the best turn of phrase in a banking environment...
by Chadwick
Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Quidco/Hungry House

Um....

Why would someone browsing a cashback website suddenly feel hungry and appreciate the ready accessibility of hungryhouse?
(Ignoring for now the fact that people on a cashback site are probably going to shop around for the best deal, and not be swayed by the presence of a marketing gimmick).

You've got an hour or so to ponder this while I pop out for lunch.
by Chadwick
Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: yahoo email account

What's "yahoo"?
by Chadwick
Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Normal for Great Yarmouth

Many many years ago we visited Great Yarmouth and enjoyed:

A charity shop selling a picture of what appeared to be a 1970's postcard of the Swiss Alps (complete with atomic blue sky) in a frame with cracked glass over which someone had apparently spilt a cup of tea...
A shop offering the obvious combination of white goods, juggling equipment and strippers. The sign helpfully added in brackets: "(wallpaper)"...
An amusement arcade where we flew virtual reality planes, not realising that our headphones and microphones were linked not just to each other, but to the PA in the arcade. Which would have been fine except for the rather ripe language used every time we crashed...
Elvis, in a pizza restaurant...
Ah, Yarmouth... the Vegas of the East.
by Chadwick
Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It looks like Mr Trump has already made his mark....

William Joseph wrote:Also do we want to be taking any notice of what the United States of Godamm Americia has to say anyway?

Yeah, the US is a poxy little inconsequential country. Like their foreign/trade policies are going to have any impact outside their own borders. :roll:
by Chadwick
Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It looks like Mr Trump has already made his mark....

I'm sure they need to make friends and influence people so the message may be greatly different from Obama...
I'm gonna build a wall round the UK and you're gonna pay for it!

England maybe
Would have to separate NI/Eire
You're crediting Trump with the intelligence and desire to know the difference between England the UK.
by Chadwick
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caption comp (ends Fri 6 May) + last week's winner

Football hooligans removing a postbox earlier today, according to South Yorkshire Police.
by Chadwick
Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caption comp (ends Fri 13 May) + last week's winner

Thank you everyone! It was a an easy target, but thanks nonetheless!
by Chadwick
Fri May 06, 2016 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merchant of the Week - Ed Place

kevinchess1 wrote:Me either
Perhaps you could partake in one of their Grammar courses Underdog

* chokes and spits coffee over keyboard *
by Chadwick
Mon May 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not now, Cato!

Burt Kwouk, who was best known for playing Inspector Clouseau's manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films, has died aged 85.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36370997
by Chadwick
Tue May 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic