Search found more than 1179 matches

Return

Re: macliam

Sorry, mi, amigo, I forgot to welcome you to the wonderful county of Suffolk, like you I moved north east to get here. And welcome to the forum.

'.im indoors was in the Merchant Navy as a young man and was told "see the world while you can before it gets spoilt". Very true words. Now there are now many places where you cannot buy a Coke or MacDonald's. And now people go to far flung countries and never even really see it. They go to a glorified Holiday Camp and never leave it to see the glories outside of it. The real place is hidden from them, the good, the bad and the inbetween bits are never seen. Thankfully for him he took advantage of going on many trips when his cruise ship docked. (He was originally in a cruise ship but later changed from Steward to working on in the engine room of a tanker.) And he made sure he got to know the non British crew members. One group of Malaysians taught him one Malaysian phrase. It was many years later before he discovered just what he had learned. He knew the phrase in Malaysian but never knew the correct English words for the phrase. He was asking them for a kiss. These devout Muslims took delight in a young Englishman asking them for a kiss. ALthough they never did as he asked. :lol:
by blythburgh
Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome macliam. :thumbup:
by duke
Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi
by Usa123
Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clean jokes - post 'em here

The same American was boasting about how much bigger and better everything was back home. Just then the Queen Mary 2 sailed out of Southampton harbour. "Guess that is one of those ocean liners", said the American. "No, just the Isle of Wight ferry", Kirsty replied.
by blythburgh
Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just been to the gym. They've got a new machine in. Only used it for half an hour as I started to feel sick. It's great though.

It does everything -

KitKats, Mars Bars, Snickers, Crisps, the lot.." :lol:
by 1960mackem
Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"I need some six by four timber for me new byre" said Seamus :problem:

"Ah now Seamus, ye need to keep up with the times" said the man from the creamery, "We don't use them measures at all now, it's all gone metrical. Ye'll need to ask for some 15cm by 10cm timber now" he continued

".... and if ye want some it'll be 3 Euros a Foot!" :mrgreen:

We are slowly inching towards Metricification
by kevinchess1
Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a job at a bowling alley
Not permanent just Tem pin :lol:
by kevinchess1
Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 pm

Jump to forum