Search found more than 1831 matches

Return

Re: Celebrate transaction 1m with double cashback and shares!

Clear the xcitement caused by havin a prize of 2p EVERY SINGLE DAY was gettin the punters in by the shed load. Now it's over they've sunk off bac to Quiditch and TopCashBabes. Oh well
by kevinchess1
Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

imutual's record in dealing with missing transactions

As you may know, one problem facing cashback sites is that a small percentage of transactions fail to get tracked properly by the merchant. The member then has to submit a claim to get the cashback site to resolve this; a process which can take some time and not all sites give a satisfactory response.

We believe imutual has already established a reputation as the most trustworthy of leading cashback sites because we place a very high priority on dealing with claims. We do everything we can to ensure that merchants track your transactions reliably (including sometimes dropping big name merchants who prove unreliable), but occasionally, for reasons largely out of our control, one of your transactions will fail to track correctly. We then have a quick and simple claims process so you can tell us about it, and we then chase the merchant on your behalf.

To give extra reassurance, we regularly publish statistics on the number of claims submitted and resolved. See below for our current position:

claims20140116.gif

We do have 4 overdue claims at the moment, having been let down by one of our affiliate networks who failed to process our claims when we first sent them across. We expect to resolve these in the near future. Other than that, it's pleasing to report that there are no outstanding claims before October and the general reliability of our offers remains very high.

It may also interest you to see our overall stats since we started back in 2010. Out of over 50,000 "purchase" transactions, only around 2% have required a claim . Of claims resolved to date, 15% (141) have been declined due to rejection by the merchant. In each case, we've reported this back to the member giving the reason for rejection.

And remember that, uniquely, imutual allows you the option of appealing directly to members to have a rejected claim overturned. See details of our appeals process where your claim can be put to a binding vote of your fellow members :thumbup:

There have only been six such "appeals", the latest one dating back to 2012.

Hope you'll agree that this suggests we're doing a darn good job of providing reliable cashback offers, which should give everyone confidence to recommend imutual to others . :)
by richard@imutual
Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: imutual an award winner!

Stiofan wrote:Congratulations and well done especially to the hard working Directors :-)

...and all the non hard working directors as well :?
by kevinchess1
Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merchant of the Week - LV= 50 Plus

I've got a share for yesterday and it supposed to finish on 10th
by kevinchess1
Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merchant of the Week - Sky

Sorry about that, I've sorted it now

Sky "Merchant of the Week" promotion does run until 25 June
by richard@imutual
Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: POLL: We want option of who to will our shares to in "My Account"...

Really what's the point, only 40 members bothered to vote, the shares are unlikely to ever hold anything more than a nominal value, if that situation ever changes then it might become a relevant proposition. Right now I agree with Anthonyh, Richard has better things to use his resources and your money on.
by an6ypan6y
Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We own the company, we voted for a change.

If it truly is a case that we have a say on how the company is run then this will be implemented.

No, we never voted for the change.

I voted against.

40 out of thousands does not make a Quorum and as far as I am concerned IF these polls are not taken as indicators of feeling, but a CONTRACT then they should be banned from appearing on this site at all.

I agree with the rest that say Richard, (and me and others) have better things to do than muck about implementing this none event.

If I had made a POLL about my quadraplegic spastic grandchild and the efforts to raise money for his operation in Yanksville (since the usefuckless NHS would rather him scream all night, even with pain medication, than operate on him) and that poll had 40 responses, I would do what I have done here, and abandon any request to waste any more time on the provisional idea.

If any Poll results become LEGALLY BINDING, then it should be a requirement that a minimum of 75% of the "active" membership (possibly just shareholders) MUST have voted or the results are VOID.

Fuxake.
by Squire
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As I posted Polls are not binding but just an indication of feeling about things
Of the 40 voters 13 were against and from what I've read in this thread they are the larger shareholders so it wouldn't be a done deal at an AGM
by kevinchess1
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let me try to wrap this thread up, but feel free to start a new thread on a specific proposal if necessary....

I'm grateful to any member who takes the time to make suggestions for improving imutual, so thanks for that :thumbup:

On the general point of how to use polls and and interpret their results, I do want to see imutual behave as democratically as possible. But ultimately, shareholders elect directors to manage the company and sometimes that means putting your foot down and saying "I really think we should do this, and not that". It wouldn't serve anyone's interests to attempt "management by committee". So while it's interesting to use polls as a guide to what members think, they can't be binding on the directors. As others have pointed out, you can use your shareholder powers for that if absolutely necessary (By the way, if you count the results of this one by shareholdings, the "Nos" have it by a fair margin)

Given our current size, and the need to attract more members and increase revenues, we do need to be really hard-headed about which new features take priority. And I just don't see that this feature can take priority over the large list of To Dos we have. I think it would only benefit a small number of existing members, and could take significant staff resources to develop and manage. There are legal and administrative implications that would need to be thought through. e.g. if someone's will gives all assets to a certain person (e.g. their partner), but the deceased had asked imutual to gift the shares to someone else, how do we manage that? I've got visions of employing lawyers to fight a bereaved widow over the ownership of some shares :eek:

On the separate suggestion of being able to sell or transfer shares to others. This does have some merit, but has significant legal implications. When we drafted the original T&Cs and shareholder agreement, we needed a model which avoided any legal / regulatory complications and made the company as easy to adminster as possible. I'm not sure we're quite ready to explore this idea yet, but feel free to start a new topic on it if you really want to :)
by richard@imutual
Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic