SuckaPunch

kevinchess1

SuckaPunch

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 05 2011 9:49am

The most hyper film of the year sofa
I’ve seen quotes like ‘female empowerment’ (No it isn’t)
Mutli layered like Inception’ and that the only similarity between the 2 films
And ‘you won’t be prepared’ well I was prepared for little character development, a poor script and a complete ignorance of the basic laws of physics and I wasn’t disappointed
The plot, slight as it is concern Baby Dole, yes that’s her name, hardly female empowering is it, why don’t they call her Elisabeth? Baby's mum dies and her stepfather puts her in an American 50s type Looney bin
She there with a load of other scantily clad, Cleary un insane, nubile women who, to escape the drudgery of every day life, pretend their Hi class…err…dancers… in a Parisian Brothel, well a girl can dream cant she.
When Baby Dole dances, she finds her self in a CGI gamin type world and she meats Scott Glen who starts off playing a 70’s style Kung fu Sensei before turning into Charley from Charlys Angels
He gives her and her freinds 5 quests, 5 girls 5 quests before they can escape
These quests are pretty much fightin every CGI villain you ever seen including, but not LTD to a huGe fire breathin dragon, robots mutants and Zomby Nazis powered by steam, they nicked that from HellBhouy.
I’m guessin these scenes are suppose to be exciting accompanied as they are by V LOUD ROC MUSIK but seein as how the girls are all indestructible, scantily clad and emerge scratch free from all the fight scenes well, they are not that exciting.
If they edit out the Loony bin scenes it would pass for a Lady Gaaga video
There are sum twist and turns but they are not 6TH Sense jaw droppin more, ‘oh ok they are goin this way now’
This film fits perfectly into to me ‘Checkov principle’ If you see this film expectin Checkov you’ll be disappointed. If you think Checov that bloke from Star Trek you’ll love it.
So forget all the allusions to female empowerment and inception and you won’t be prepared
And except it as a
‘Busty blonds bazooka big buildings'

Me biggest disappointement was that I had a choice between this and Sauce Code, and maid the wrong choice.
Me advice ould be 'Guys don't get a giant popcorn and an extra large drink because you won't have a hand free
Thanked by: richard@imutual
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Re: SuckaPunch

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 05 2011 9:17pm

Chris Tookey has a right old go
Hear :evil:

myfyr

Post by myfyr » Thu Dec 08 2011 5:59am

Got the DVD but haven't watched it yet.

securetrade

Post by securetrade » Thu May 10 2012 9:33pm

I watched it, struggled to stick at it right to the end - however I did sort of enjoy the sureal method of portraying a fantasy world rather than the reality behind the story as revealed at the end. Depends on your taste but film wasnt all bad.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu May 10 2012 10:59pm

The most surprisin thing about this film to me is the way peole are still goin on about it. :?:
It's a nonsense peice of fluul!
That's it really