Get A Free Morrisons Great British Discount Card For 10% Off Your Shopping!

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny

Get A Free Morrisons Great British Discount Card For 10% Off Your Shopping!

Postby badtothebone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 am

https://www.morrisons.co.uk/Competition ... up-to-100/

We're giving you the chance to enjoy a fantastic summer for less with our brilliant Great British Summer Discount Card.
Your Great British Summer Discount Card will allow you to receive a 10% discount off your shopping with Morrisons between Monday 9th July 2012 and Sunday 2nd September 2012 inclusive, on up to a total of £1,000 of shopping - that's a potential saving of £100! To register, all you need is the 12 digit number on your card and a few details to get your hands on 10% off

How to use your card

Sign your card in the space provided, marked 'card user signature'. The Morrisons colleague providing this card to you should already have printed their name in the space provided marked 'print colleague name'.
Register your card at http://www.morrisons.co.uk/mdiscount
Present your Great British Summer Discount Card when you pay for your goods and 10% of the retail price (rounded to the nearest penny) will be deducted from all eligible goods and the total amount of discount will be shown on the till receipt, marked 'Staff D/C'.
lease note that if you forget to present your Discount Card when you pay for your goods, the discount cannot be claimed at a later date.
There are a few items which are not eligible for discount, as listed below.

Non-eligible products
Lottery sales
Gift vouchers, Savers Stamps, Postage Stamps
E-Pay and E-Gift Cards
Charity Items - carrier bags, badges, key rings / tokens
Fuel and Petrol Kiosk Sales
Tobacco
Baby Formula (legal requirement)
Medical Prescriptions (legal requirement)
Customer Cafe and Vending Products
Fireworks
Photo Printing Products and Services

You can use your card from Monday 9th July 2012 until Sunday 2nd September 2012 inclusive. You can save up to £100 by using your card in respect of purchases during that period. Your Discount Card will automatically stop working after you have reached this limit or after the 2nd September 2012. Please recycle your card after this date.

Thanked by: blythburgh
badtothebone

Re: Get A Free Morrisons Great British Discount Card For 10% Off Your Shopping!

Postby blythburgh » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Many thanks for this but I will still stick to Tesco's. Got sent a booklet with £5 off a £50 spend but last week I got a till spit worth £7 off a £50 spend and this week one worth £5 off a £40+ spend which easy for us to achieve. Far too high for two people as no meat, milk or bread in that. And I would rather get my fruit and veg from the greengrocer in Beccles where we do our shopping. But these £1 offers on fruit are irresistible. Try to avoid bread to help us lose weight and when we do it has to be from a proper baker not the quick excuse for bread you get in supermarkets. And our meat comes from a proper butcher but we are not big meat eaters. Fish comes from our local fishmonger or off one of the sheds used by Southwold or Aldeburgh fishermen when we have it. Usually the meat is bought in Southwold so we eat the pork that we saw in the fields.

Got a £50 spend because I had been saving the vouchers to get acouple of greatly (allegedly) washbags. We were in dire need of new ones.

But, yes, we spend far too high a proportion of our income on food. At least we eat healthily - well most of the time :lol:

Oddly my friend, who does a Morrisons shop weekly, did not get a card but will be asking for one.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby expressman33 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 pm

badtothebone wrote: The Morrisons colleague providing this card to you should already have printed their name in the space provided marked 'print colleague name'.

You need to know someone who works at Morrisons and has a spare card (think its 2 cards per employee)
Last edited by expressman33 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

expressman33

Postby badtothebone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 pm

No probs I know the lovely people in marvellous Morries! :lol:

badtothebone

Postby rayf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:59 pm

OK -I must be thick - how do we actually get a card?

thanks

rayf

Postby badtothebone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:47 pm

I could give you an honest answer and say "I haven't got a clue I just write this stuff" and be slain as being irresponsible. Or say (or play for time till all is revealed) and say "I'm assuming you just pick them up in store and then register the 12 digit number on the card (on the form in my original post)".

Sorry I don't know more yet, I won't be in again till the end of the week so perhaps if anyone gets their hands on one they could fill us in.

I hope I haven't send you on a wild goose chase? either way, it's nice weather for it!
I will tell you this though, (for nothing)! :lol: they are currently being sold on Ebay between £9 - £15 !!

This is what you're looking for
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morrisons-Dis ... 2a20933ff0

Last edited by badtothebone on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badtothebone

Postby annfen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm interested too - thanks

annfen

Postby badtothebone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm getting the feeling this is a stumer!

I've just phoned Morrisons only to be told

Me "Can I pick up the Great British Summer Discount Card as advertised on your website in store"?
S.A. "No"
Me "Well could you tell me where I get one then please?"
S.A. "You can't"
Me " Sorry, what do do mean?"
S.A. "Oh it's just the staff have these cards and they have been given a few extra cards to give to someone who dosen't normally shop in Morrisons" Great British Summer Discount Card".

Conclusion:
1. Nonethewiser
2. What a joke
3. Embarrassed I posted this, not sure that I should be though for getting the wrong end of the stick. This is on the website under the competitions tab of all thing as you can see?
4. Nice try, ya win some, loose more.
5. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up :(
6. There could be ructions? :D

Original link here - Is it me or is this very misleading to the public?
https://www.morrisons.co.uk/Competition ... up-to-100/
Last edited by badtothebone on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
badtothebone

Postby rayf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:58 pm

thanks for trying anyway :)

Thanked by: badtothebone
rayf

Postby xxxraichxxx » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm

My fiances mum works there, she got given two to give to a relative/friend. They are only given out to employees and they have to write their name on the back of the card

Thanked by: badtothebone
xxxraichxxx

Next

Return to Freebies