Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny
blythburgh

Re: Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jul 24 2017 10:48am

anthonyh wrote:I would happily sell my shares for 1p each :-)
19063 shares @1p each would net me £190.63

But they are not for sale, I treat them as a bit of fun these days, just watching the total grow. Once I thought the site would be a biggie and list on the Stock Exchange but that was a long time ago
Thanked by: Richard Frost, Kelantan
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Jul 24 2017 10:55am

I am not sure whether Richard was asking if anyone would sell there shares for a penny each. He seemed to be asking me whether I would sell all my shares back to the company for 1p. Needless to say if they were valued at 1p each they would have a value that exceeds most other members.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jul 24 2017 10:59am

William Joseph wrote:I am not sure whether Richard was asking if anyone would sell there shares for a penny each. He seemed to be asking me whether I would sell all my shares back to the company for 1p. Needless to say if they were valued at 1p each they would have a value that exceeds most other members.
I think it was a rhetorical question rather than an offer. But either way my shares are not for sale.
Thanked by: Kelantan
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Jul 24 2017 11:00am

blythburgh wrote:
William Joseph wrote:I am not sure whether Richard was asking if anyone would sell there shares for a penny each. He seemed to be asking me whether I would sell all my shares back to the company for 1p. Needless to say if they were valued at 1p each they would have a value that exceeds most other members.
I think it was a rhetorical question rather than an offer. But either way my shares are not for sale.
I am sure it was.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

hugginhill

Post by hugginhill » Mon Aug 07 2017 5:42pm

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Mon Aug 07 2017 6:14pm

So Tandem is going to buy Harrods Bank. That's the easiest way to get a banking licence. Buy a company that already has one.

I thought I'd have a look at the accounts and see what they've bought. Latest available are for y/e 31 Jan 2016.

Interesting. Harrods Bank lost £6.2m after tax in 2016, and £4.0m in 2015. A brief scrutiny reveals that they are (or were) moving into the mortgage market, and spending a lot of money on staff and admin to do so. Perhaps things have got better since, and the results have improved. Mind you Tandem's only accounts for December 2015 show a loss of £6.4 m, so it's not that bad. :)

Of course, Harrods is now owned by Qatar Holdings. (i.e the Qatar government). Press reports a few months ago said that Qatar had given up on the bank and put it up for sale. No indication of how much Tandem have paid for it. But Harrods Bank had net assets of about £356m. Either Qatar will be selling Harrods Bank in return for a big pile of Tandem Money Ltd shares, or some hard cash that Tandem will raise by selling a big pile of new shares.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Mar 17 2018 2:38am

I see the Harrods Bank acquisition went through some time ago; what effect has this had on the £75 free shares current value?

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sat Mar 17 2018 7:09am

Boro Boy wrote:I see the Harrods Bank acquisition went through some time ago; what effect has this had on the £75 free shares current value?

:think:

What makes you think the stated to be 75.00 free share has a current value :?:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=curre ... 8geZkrnwDg

People also ask

What is the meaning of current value?

"Current market value (CMV) is the resale valuation attached to a security held long in an investor's margin account. The current market value is usually taken as the closing price for listed securities or the bid price offered for over-the-counter (OTC) securities"

http://www.investorwords.com/13147/current_value.html

Definition
The financial worth at the appraisal time.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 18 2018 12:40am

cccashbacklover wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:I see the Harrods Bank acquisition went through some time ago; what effect has this had on the £75 free shares current value?

:think:

What makes you think the stated to be 75.00 free share has a current value :?:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=curre ... 8geZkrnwDg

People also ask

What is the meaning of current value?

"Current market value (CMV) is the resale valuation attached to a security held long in an investor's margin account. The current market value is usually taken as the closing price for listed securities or the bid price offered for over-the-counter (OTC) securities"

http://www.investorwords.com/13147/current_value.html

Definition
The financial worth at the appraisal time.
I'll take it you are not too enamoured with the returns then...? :crazy:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Sep 25 2018 5:55pm

It's been a little while since I asked the initial question and I never seem to have received a clear reply so its worth asking again of those of you who took up the offer of the free share: What is the current value/position of your free Tandem Bank share?