All the best people are born in Sept.

The light-hearted side of life
blythburgh

All the best people are born in Sept.

Post by blythburgh » Fri Sep 08 2017 10:20am

Not only were "Prince" Leo and me born in September but the Roman Catholic's celebrate the birth of the Virgin Mary on 8th Sept.

I only found out because I was listening to the Daily Service this morning. And according to Google search not many Catholics know this is a special feast day.

Bet Jacob Rees Mogg does though.

His strict observance of the teachings of the Roman Catholic church has scuppered his chance of ever being PM IMHO.

I do feel that abortions are granted far to easily but I am appalled at his views. Thankfully I am pretty sure most Roman Catholics think about things and take the view that no victim of rape or incest should have to endure the ensuing pregnancy.

Though, of course, many people of power and influence on both sides of the religious divide in Northern Ireland think that a woman should carry a baby that will be born dead or will die within hours of the birth. Shows that not everyone is on my wavelength who call themselves a Christian.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, RonFlorabud
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Re: All the best people are born in Sept.

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Sep 08 2017 10:26am

I have nothing to say about the popular(sic) comedian Jacob Rees Mogg. It is my birthday on Tuesday the 12th I am a virgin, sorry virgo. Happy birthday, blythburgh. The nicest burger in the world.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Sep 08 2017 10:31am

William Joseph wrote:I have nothing to say about the popular(sic) comedian Jacob Rees Mogg. It is my birthday on Tuesday the 12th I am a virgin, sorry virgo. Happy birthday, blythburgh. The nicest burger in the world.
:oops: :oops: Thank you, my favourite JW who has proven my assumptions about September are correct :thumbup:

I do want Rees Mogg as and MP because he gives voice to the right wing of the Tory Party and the House of Commons is sadly lacking in characters these days. And I may disagree with him on most things but at least he is the real McCoy.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Sep 08 2017 12:15pm

Happy birthdays to bb and WJ, although both a little early for me. :thumbup:

As you would gather from my well-balanced views ;), my own birthday falls towards the end of the month - the same day as Victor Jara and (supposedly) Confucius.

Hopefully, I have a nice meal in Portugal awaiting me........ well, to be honest - it awaits me, but whether I get there or not depends on the medics! :eh:
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Sep 08 2017 10:29pm

Also Colin Firth
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Sep 09 2017 4:12pm

Hugh Grant
Politically incorrect since 69