Whuy do Indians think a British name will fool us?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest

Whuy do Indians think a British name will fool us?

Postby blythburgh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:35 am

"Hello, I am Jason from BT" said the man in a thick Indian accent. Apparently BT have noticed unathorised people have been using our internet connection.

My answer was I will check with my husband and get back to BT. Needless to say BT says it was not a phone call from them. I was 100% sure it was not but belt and braces in case I was wrong.

And I had forgotten about Call Protect http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones- ... 4136279348

But after the nice man in Dublin reminded me I dialled 1572 but the number was not recognised. So I guess "Jason" will try that scam again. No idea what he was after but he did not get it.

And if you get a market research company phoning you listen to them say: I am from (name of company) and they will say they abide by the MRS rules which means your details are not passed on to anyone in any form. They use your age, gender, income, postcode to make sure you represent others of the same type but your details do not leave the market research firm. If they do not say this hang up or risk being subjected to a sales patter
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Thanked by: sugarmustbetaxeddustieexpressman33
blythburgh

Re: Whuy do Indians think a British name will fool us?

Postby expressman33 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 am

Indians ? more like cowboys :thumbup:
Pretend to go along with him and waste his time but NEVER give them correct information . I told them I shared my internet password with everyone in the street . Ask him about his family or the weather and other stuff just to carry on the conversation

Thanked by: dustieblythburgh
expressman33

Postby an6ypan6y » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 am

For this specific issue I refuse to speak to 'Jason' unless he tells me his real name, this usually results in quite a short call.

On a more serious note these callers are vermin and if they are not on the phone to me they could be conning some poor vulnerable person out of who knows what. So when I'm in the mood I try to keep them on the phone for as long as possible - ie: the person you want is in the garden I'll go get them.

Of particular pleasure are the callers who pretend to be from Microsoft - I kept one on the phone for so long one evening his supervisor called me back and screamed at me to f**K off - that was very gratifying.

Thanked by: sugarmustbetaxed
an6ypan6y

Postby William Joseph1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 am

Some people seem to have more time on their hands than might be good for them. It could be better employed clicking on cashback links and earning money.

Thanked by: Dream onMP3746Oggy
William Joseph1

Return to Life's little questions