Media articles about money-saving topics

Leave or Stay the EU

You may select 1 option

View results

Sarah

Re: EU Ref

Post by Sarah » Sat Jun 25 2016 10:48am

kevinchess1 wrote:Yes but how would thAT HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE TO THE eu VOTE/
The EU referendum was one in which every vote counted.

The governing Tory party are now being forced to take a sidestep to the right & it would surely be even worse with 82 UKIP MPs in the house.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat Jun 25 2016 11:01am

"Pro-Brexit Tory MEP Daniel Hannan told the BBC that Brexit would not necessarily end free movement of Labour."

Oh dear.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Jun 25 2016 11:08am

Derbiean wrote:"Pro-Brexit Tory MEP Daniel Hannan told the BBC that Brexit would not necessarily end free movement of Labour."

Oh dear.
That has always been there in the mix. Several times the leave team have been asked to put a number on it they have persistently avoided the question and not put a number on it. I am sure this will come up in discussions on trade agreements. The EU will want it as part of those negotiations.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 25 2016 11:23am

There will be a 1,001+ things to discuss
Nobody knows what will happen
Which is probably why Brexit didn't put a number on it
They couldn't
On another point Does anyone know when the 'Emergency Budget' is set for?
The one Georgio says we will have to have
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Politically incorrect since 69

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Jun 25 2016 11:27am

kevinchess1 wrote:There will be a 1,001+ things to discuss
Nobody knows what will happen
Which is probably why Brexit didn't put a number on it
They couldn't
On another point Does anyone know when the 'Emergency Budget' is set for?
The one Georgio says we will have to have
As yet there has been no announcement. In fact George has been remarkably quiet so far. Parliament is back in session next week, I expect there will be some announcements. Whether that will feature or not ???

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 25 2016 11:38am

Is that when the Stock market will collapse?
What about House prices/mortgages? are they going up/down next week
Oh and when is the 'War with Europe' happening?
It's just I've got some holiday booked for August, don't want to miss that :D
Last edited by kevinchess1 on Sat Jun 25 2016 12:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Jun 25 2016 12:04pm

We have to wait and see whether or not George Osborne resigns before we can expect any other kind of statement from him.

dorisifa

Post by dorisifa » Sat Jun 25 2016 12:19pm

Boro Boy wrote:Comments like that are going to bring us all together isn't it. My guess is you must have missed all the exaggeration and lies from the remain side and as for brainwashing - don't demean the British people - the majority understand when the tyranny of no representation is occurring and the epitome is the EU where 60% of UK Laws & Regulations where imposed on them by 28 EU Commissioners and an EU Council President who are unelected and cannot be replaced. 60% is no myth. It is the opinion of the House of Commons library. Secondly, a single, once every 40 years referendum, is hardly equivalent to being able to vote (or not) for the politicians who increasingly govern our lives. This is dictatorship, not democracy and we are better off out.
We would never likely see eye to eye about democracy or otherwise of the EU. I see it more as a council body, but fundamentally as a tier of trading governance. Tyranny and dictatorship are words I find highly problematic. You're not oppressed, there's just stuff you don't like and don't agree with. It''s all by the by now anyway. You're "free".
But apart from that Mrs Lincoln how was the play?

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 25 2016 12:40pm

Sarah wrote:

The governing Tory party are now being forced to take a sidestep to the right & it would surely be even worse with 82 UKIP MPs in the house.
I no Im not that bright but I still don't see how having 80ish+ Ukipers MP would have made a difference to the EU vote

With the collapse of the support for the LIb Dems and the rise of Ukip AND the election of Jeremy Corbyn we now have a government/political system which is devoid of a centre left
Which seems really strange to me because all the elections for the last 20 years have been fought/won by these types of politics
Maybe a new party will emerge
Thanked by: Richard Frost

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Jun 25 2016 12:52pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sarah wrote:

I no Im not that bright but I still don't see how having 80ish+ Ukipers MP would have made a difference to the EU vote

With the collapse of the support for the LIb Dems and the rise of Ukip AND the election of Jeremy Corbyn we now have a government/political system which is devoid of a centre left
Which seems really strange to me because all the elections for the last 20 years have been fought/won by these types of politics
Maybe a new party will emerge
Funny you should say that, there has been chatter about Margaret Hodge and like minded people forming a new party with the likes of Cameron and Osborne. Personally I think its unlikely with those particular names. But a new centrist party is highly possible. It is almost certain that the conservatives will now shift further to the right. I guess much will depend on what happens with Jeremy Corbyn. The next few weeks will be interesting Will UKIP disappear now that their aim has been achieved? I suspect Farage will want to be have his say on any discussions over the next couple of years.