Another hidious attack tonight...

Media articles about money-saving topics

Re: Another hidious attack tonight...

Postby blythburgh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:56 am

The more you cut the police force at the Tories have done the harder it is for those left to stop terrorist plots before they happen. And remember many, many plots have been stopped before they happened.

And dreadful as the attack was if you are dubious of going to London remember the same number (on average) are killed in road accidents every day.

If that fact does not put you off leaving home in case you are a road accident victim then why does the terrorist attack put you off going to London?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby blythburgh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 am

Boro Boy wrote:
So exactly how many Police will stop the next terrorist attack from happening...?

This post brought to mind what I heard on the radio, the person was quoting someone else and sorry I cannot be sure it is work for word correct or who originally said it but I think I have the quote correct:

"If the Tories announced that they planned to kill all first born children "The Daily Mail" would say that is was regrettable but necessary to ease the pressure on School places."

I have no problem in anyone here writing in support of any political party (well the BNP is the exception to that) but if you are going to support a Tory line like reducing the number of Police Officers please give a good reason for doing so.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby Boro Boy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 am

blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
So exactly how many Police will stop the next terrorist attack from happening...?

This post brought to mind what I heard on the radio, the person was quoting someone else and sorry I cannot be sure it is work for word correct or who originally said it but I think I have the quote correct:

"If the Tories announced that they planned to kill all first born children "The Daily Mail" would say that is was regrettable but necessary to ease the pressure on School places."

I have no problem in anyone here writing in support of any political party (well the BNP is the exception to that) but if you are going to support a Tory line like reducing the number of Police Officers please give a good reason for doing so.

How easy it seems to be misunderstood, misquoted or use of a quote out of context it is on here, I don't know if it is the fault of this medium or just the laziness of those wishing to criticise...?

No I never ever mentioned anything about reducing Police numbers and I am not in support of that, look and you will see before accusing me of that. If you had read the past string you would have seen I was supporting a change of tactics and arguing against those who wrongly were suggesting just increasing Police numbers could possibly solve everything.

Thanked by: blythburgh
Boro Boy

Postby Derbiean » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:52 am

Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

How easy it seems to be misunderstood, misquoted or use of a quote out of context it is on here, I don't know if it is the fault of this medium or just the laziness of those wishing to criticise...?

No I never ever mentioned anything about reducing Police numbers and I am not in support of that, look and you will see before accusing me of that. If you had read the past string you would have seen I was supporting a change of tactics and arguing against those who wrongly were suggesting just increasing Police numbers could possibly solve everything.

No misunderstanding here boro, you're wrong and you've nothing to back up anything you've said, I on the other hand did. To answer the question "how exactly how many Police will stop the next terrorist attack from happening...?" its actually obvious, there is no magic number to stop all terrorism and all crime, however the more police you have patrolling the streets the bigger the deterrence you have and the better chance you have of preventing/mitigating the next attack.

Another former counter terrorist chief saying cuts to policing have undermined fight against terrorism;
Government cuts to police funding have damaged attempts to prevent attacks, Britain’s former counter-terrorism chief has said.

Robert Quick, who led the counter-terrorism effort from 2008 to 2009, told the Guardian that intelligence from communities about people supporting violent jihad had been lost.

Quick, who served as Scotland Yard’s assistant commissioner in charge of the counter-terrorism command, said: “Counter-terrorism funding is ringfenced but cuts to the general policing budget has impacted on neighbourhood policing teams in many parts of the country including London.
“This has reduced the capacity of the police to work in communities building relationships and trust to in turn generate community-based intelligence about persons of concern.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rity-chief

Derbiean

Postby anthonyh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Boro Boy wrote:So exactly how many Police will stop the next terrorist attack from happening...?

Great point. Our country is so pathetic and weak, we just wait for the next attack. Doesn't matter about your political views, each and every party is as useless as each other. Our country has been destroyed already - can't change the mistakes made. It can only get worse - sorry.

anthonyh

Sharing: *

Postby dorisifa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:46 pm

anthonyh wrote:Our country is so pathetic and weak, we just wait for the next attack. Doesn't matter about your political views, each and every party is as useless as each other. Our country has been destroyed already - can't change the mistakes made. It can only get worse - sorry.
No. It's nothing like that bad. You're confusing your own ignorance for cynicism.
But apart from that Mrs Lincoln how was the play?

dorisifa

Previous

Return to In the news