FREE HMRC Tax/National Insurance/Pension Access

Money, investing, mutuals etc

FREE HMRC Tax/National Insurance/Pension Access

Postby expressman33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Posted by underdog in freebies

You need to first setup a Government Gateway account then you'll be able to login to view things like:
- Your Tax Contributions
- Your Tax Code
- Your NI Contributions
- Your Pension Forecast
- Tax Credits etc...
- Update your personal details (address etc...)

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/governme ... gin=PERTAX
Last edited by expressman33 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
expressman33

Re: FREE HMRC Tax/National Insurance/Pension Access

Postby planteria » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 pm

so this is that HMRC have made this information more accessible?
planteria

Postby expressman33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:46 pm

I found it useful in that I was expecting a full pension based on the fact that I had 36 years of full NI contributions but then found out that I was 3.5 years short . Phoned up the helpline who were useless , said it was probably due to me contributing to my works pension ( if this was the case then I would be a lot more than 3.5 years short as I was in my company pension scheme for 26 years)
expressman33

Postby macliam » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 pm

I mentioned the easier access in an earlier post - but, at that time, the authentication required for the pension information and the NI contributions was different....

I found that I too will get a reduced pension (like expresso) - this is not because of any gap in contributions, but because I was "contracted out" of SERPS due to being in a company scheme. This meant I paid a slightly lower stamp but had no right to an earnings-related top-up via SERPS. Then the government scrapped SERPS and introduced a standard pension (and therefore contribution). The "full" pension now assumes that you will have paid FULL "contacted-in" contributions whilst SERPS existed, otherwise you receive less.........

SO, it's not really a standard pension at all for those of us who had no choice in the matter.....

This is thought to affect a large number of people, so the number receiving the full amount when the new pension is first paid will be quite low.......
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby expressman33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:25 pm

macliam wrote:I mentioned the easier access in an earlier post - but, at that time, the authentication required for the pension information and the NI contributions was different....

I found that I too will get a reduced pension (like expresso) - this is not because of any gap in contributions, but because I was "contracted out" of SERPS due to being in a company scheme. This meant I paid a slightly lower stamp but had no right to an earnings-related top-up via SERPS. Then the government scrapped SERPS and introduced a standard pension (and therefore contribution). The "full" pension now assumes that you will have paid FULL "contacted-in" contributions whilst SERPS existed, otherwise you receive less.........

SO, it's not really a standard pension at all for those of us who had no choice in the matter.....

This is thought to affect a large number of people, so the number receiving the full amount when the new pension is first paid will be quite low.......

You can buy the extra years if you need to.
expressman33

Return to Finance & property