Co-op Bank

Money, investing, mutuals etc

Re: Co-op Bank

Postby planteria » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 am

i know what you mean.. 'value' in the Co-op Bank brand is difficult to see.

Thanked by: blythburgh
planteria

Postby macliam » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:01 am

planteria wrote:i know what you mean.. 'value' in the Co-op Bank brand is difficult to see.

I presume the value is in the structure and the fact that it's not seen as a "new boy".
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam

Sharing: *

Postby planteria » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:32 pm

perhaps you're right. all i see are people, and in particular, organisations moving their business away from Co-op Bank.

planteria

Postby milo55 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:15 pm

will the bank have to change it`s name ???? - as it`s not part of the co-op anymore .

milo55

Postby planteria » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:02 am

good question. for a period they are bound to retain the brand, but going forward i'd have thought it will change :think: .

Thanked by: blythburghmilo55
planteria

Postby Constantine » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 am

I suspect that the Co-op has agreed to allow the bank to continue to use the Co-op brand subject to certain conditions. What value that brand has I do not know. It would be linked to their 'ethical' stance. I believe that many of their personal and corporate customers bank with them for that very reason. They may or may not change their opinion.

The point I would make is that the bank is still losing money. Profitability seems a few years away.

Thanked by: blythburghmilo55
Constantine

Postby milo55 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:25 pm

have several accounts with the co-op - partly because of their ethical policy; would be a shame to see that go .For now I`ll stay and see what happens .

milo55

Postby William Joseph » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Message to customers

I’m pleased to confirm that on 1 September 2017 we have successfully completed a substantial capital raise enabling us to continue as a standalone entity with values and ethics and customer service continuing at the heart of our business.

As we celebrate 25 years of our customer-led Ethical Policy, we believe this investment will also enable us to realise our potential as the UK’s leading ethical bank.

We now look forward to keep on improving our service to you and building on the commitments set out in our Ethical Policy – in our products and services; in how we operate as a bank; and in how we campaign on your behalf. Our new partnership with youth homelessness charity Centrepoint is just one great example of our values and ethics in action.

We value your customer loyalty very strongly, so may I take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support.

Liam Coleman, CEO

Our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement

We are committed to ensuring that our business, and our suppliers, are free from modern slavery and human trafficking, upholding the principles of our Ethical Policy. Our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement sets out the steps we're taking to prevent modern slavery.

You can view our latest Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/asset ... tement.pdf
Our latest Values and Ethics report is also available here. http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/about ... icalpolicy

It looks like there is unlikely to be any change in the near future
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

Thanked by: Dream onmilo55
William Joseph

Postby planteria » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am

agreed William.

Constantine wrote:...I believe that many of their personal and corporate customers bank with them for that very reason. They may or may not change their opinion.

many already have. our Credit Union, for example, has already moved banking away from them.

planteria

Previous

Return to Finance & property