Business Current Accounts

Money, investing, mutuals etc

Re: Business Current Accounts

Postby Boro Boy » Sun May 27, 2018 9:40 pm

planteria wrote:
expressman33 wrote:3 of the 4 firms that I worked for used Nat West and hardly had a problem

i can't imagine having baby-sized statements for my business current accounts though :problem:.

Didn't NatWest have a spate of compuer crashes recently?

I see that most of the big banks are still running on Windows 95....!!! :wtf:
Boro Boy

Postby planteria » Mon May 28, 2018 6:45 am

Boro Boy wrote:Yes I have looked at Metro Bank and would jump at the first opportunity.

i'm curious as to why you are stuck and don't have an opportunity :think:.
planteria

Postby Sarah » Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 am

I'm looking to close (transfer out) my Metro Bank personal account soon as I found it quite unremarkable in practice and has been sitting unused for many years. Their telephone service, in particular, has often been somewhat inept when I've called them. Anyway, it's possible to open personal accounts online now, so would hopefully be fairly easy open a replacement should I feel inclined to do so in the future. However, I think business accounts still require branch visits.

Thanked by: planteria
Sarah

Postby planteria » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:58 pm

i was assured by HSBC that they didn't want to lose our business, and so i have hung off.. but it seems that they are still going to close our accounts afterall :roll:.
Lloyds are looking the most likely option, in terms of the proximity of the branch, 6 months free banking, and the absence of anything that looks any better :think:.
planteria

Postby Boro Boy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:51 pm

planteria wrote:i was assured by HSBC that they didn't want to lose our business, and so i have hung off.. but it seems that they are still going to close our accounts afterall :roll:.
Lloyds are looking the most likely option, in terms of the proximity of the branch, 6 months free banking, and the absence of anything that looks any better :think:.

Have you checked their branch closure plan...? :eh:
Boro Boy

Postby planteria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:29 am

the branch my current account is held at is safe, from what i understand BB.
as it happens, just after I posted yesterday HSBC called me to discuss trying to save my accounts after all.. they're saying that there is confusion re. the signatories on our business accounts. I have no idea how they have managed to confuse things, but apparently they have.
planteria

Postby FelixOnline » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm

planteria wrote:we have had our business banking with HSBC for a few years now, having had a personal account with them for 30+yrs.
they are closing one of our accounts following their problems in Mexico, the pressure they are under, and the confusion they have with customer details - we are not alone. So, we are looking to move all of our business banking away from them. where do folks here suggest? the obvious choice for us is Lloyds, location-wise, but we are open to ideas.
we generally just need current account facilities, but low charges, and interest on credit balances, would appeal.
don't generally deposit any cash at all, it is nearly all money in & out by bank transfer/DD.

Starling Bank may be a consideration. Been thinking about giving it a go.
FelixOnline

Postby planteria » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:05 am

interesting Felix.. https://www.starlingbank.com/business-account/

if HSBC are keeping my account open then for £5.50/m i might just stay with them. there are companies that have our bank details and keep paying us, so i don't want to complicate things without good reason :angel:.
planteria

Previous

Return to Finance & property