Memory lane

Money, investing, mutuals etc

Re: Memory lane

Postby Constantine » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:09 pm

[quote="pabenny"}
It's pretty hard to make the case for IM when cashback rates for most retailers are less than at the big 2, particularly for the big cashback items like insurance, utilities and mobiles.[/quote]

IM's (almost) USP is the daily clicks. Some people are quite enthusiastic about the prospect of getting £35 a month gratis and tax free for ha;f an hour's worth of mindless clicking per day.

If there were a 1,000 people doing daily clicks every day, Richard would be making a £1,000 a day in profit. That would take the site to a never level.

Thanked by: blythburgh
Constantine

Postby William Joseph1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Constantine wrote:
pabenny wrote:...
It's pretty hard to make the case for IM when cashback rates for most retailers are less than at the big 2, particularly for the big cashback items like insurance, utilities and mobiles.

IM's (almost) USP is the daily clicks. Some people are quite enthusiastic about the prospect of getting £35 a month gratis and tax free for ha;f an hour's worth of mindless clicking per day.

If there were a 1,000 people doing daily clicks every day, Richard would be making a £1,000 a day in profit. That would take the site to a never level.
Not sure where you get your figures from. But I think the only daily clicks that make imutual money are the TSM ones possibly Skyscanner. The others are paid at the rate paid to imutual.

Thanked by: blythburghkevinchess1
William Joseph1

Postby kevinchess1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Which is why I FEEl that Imutual should shave a penny of a click here and there
To increase revenue
Politically incorrect since 69

Thanked by: blythburghmilo55
kevinchess1

Sharing: *

Postby pabenny » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:59 pm

blythburgh wrote: We are the only site to have a cashback guarantee

True. But somewhat irrelevant. Tracking for purchases is pretty reliable these days. I can't recall any instance when I might have needed to call on the guarantee.

blythburgh wrote: ..and there is the money to be made from the daily clicks

True. But many are not bothered about daily clicks.

blythburgh wrote:...plus the forum.

True. If plagiarised offers, in jokes and in fighting are your thing.

Thanked by: blythburghcccashbacklover
pabenny

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:58 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:My memory may be misleading me as I get older. But mutual.net ceased to exist long before this site came into existence I thought. Did it not morph into mutual points. mutual points was Incorporated on 7 February 2000 and although they have closed their website owing people lots of money is still active at Companies House with:

23 Oct 2017 Appointment of Mr Graham Charles Lilley as a director on 23 October 2017
03 Jan 2018 Confirmation statement made on 3 January 2018 with no updates
Last accounts made up to 31 December 2016

kevinchess1 wrote:Imutual position on this is to stay away from paid advertising
It goes against our ethos

I became a member of iMutual via an advert on Mutual.net/Mutual Points - to me it was no different as I had continuous membership; none the less, the question was regards iMutual and advertising and they advertised for members on that website... :wave:

Boro Boy

Postby blythburgh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:22 am

William Joseph1 wrote:My memory may be misleading me as I get older. But mutual.net ceased to exist long before this site came into existence I thought. Did it not morph into mutual points. mutual points was Incorporated on 7 February 2000 and although they have closed their website owing people lots of money is still active at Companies House with:

23 Oct 2017 Appointment of Mr Graham Charles Lilley as a director on 23 October 2017

Maybe he has property he has brought using the company. A lot of properties in nearby Southwold are second homes due to the media luvvies pushing it as a great place to be and now it has lost a lot of what made is special. And meant that the Southerners who loved to retire to the area can no longer afford to.

Some of those second homes are holiday homes for the owners and let out at other times to others who want to enjoy the area. But many of them are never or very rarely used but left empty and then sold on in a few years at a profit. No Council tax is paid, the profits can be offset and the tax on the profit of a second home owned via a company is far less than the tax paid by a genuine second home owner.

And of course this is happening all over the country, I was told two properties near me were owned that way, had not heard of it at the time so did some internet research and found, yes, owned by a company with no other income. And yes they are left empty not rented out to a person or family in desperate need of a rented home in a decent area.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby blythburgh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:26 am

Boro Boy wrote:

kevinchess1 wrote:Imutual position on this is to stay away from paid advertising

I became a member of iMutual via an advert on Mutual.net/Mutual Points - to me it was no different as I had continuous membership; none the less, the question was regards iMutual and advertising and they advertised for members on that website... :wave:

Still think money spent on improving the site is better value than advertising. Word of mouth by members is the way forward. And if you think few people are interested in mindless clicking how do you explain the popularity of sites like Swagbucks and Prizerebel.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby William Joseph1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:33 am

blythburgh wrote:

Maybe he has property he has brought using the company. A lot of properties in nearby Southwold are second homes due to the media luvvies pushing it as a great place to be and now it has lost a lot of what made is special. And meant that the Southerners who loved to retire to the area can no longer afford to.

Some of those second homes are holiday homes for the owners and let out at other times to others who want to enjoy the area. But many of them are never or very rarely used but left empty and then sold on in a few years at a profit. No Council tax is paid, the profits can be offset and the tax on the profit of a second home owned via a company is far less than the tax paid by a genuine second home owner.

And of course this is happening all over the country, I was told two properties near me were owned that way, had not heard of it at the time so did some internet research and found, yes, owned by a company with no other income. And yes they are left empty not rented out to a person or family in desperate need of a rented home in a decent area.

Have you lost the plot completely today?
William Joseph1

Postby blythburgh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:40 am

William Joseph1 wrote:
blythburgh wrote:

Have you lost the plot completely today?

I was showing how it could be that he has kept the company going for no apparent reason
blythburgh

Postby Boro Boy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Still think money spent on improving the site is better value than advertising. Word of mouth by members is the way forward. And if you think few people are interested in mindless clicking how do you explain the popularity of sites like Swagbucks and Prizerebel.

You must have me confused with someone else...? I never mentioned mindless clicking...! However I did say organic growth is slow unless it comes from a large base level, which iMutual does not seem to have acheived as yet and seems to be a long way from that point. I would like to know the actual "live" member base numbers.

Boro Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Finance & property