Post Office banking

Money, investing, mutuals etc

Re: Post Office banking

Postby expressman33 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am

Thanked by: blythburghdustie
expressman33

Postby expressman33 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 am

planteria wrote:mm so if i were to put cash into the PO today, how quickly would it appear in my Lloyds account? :think:

https://www.lloydsbank.com/banking-with ... p#deposits
When you use a Post Office® branch to pay cash into a current account with a paying in slip, the funds will show in your account, and be available for you to use from the day we receive them from the Post Office®, which will usually be the next working day.
Cheques presented at Post Office® branches will take at least one additional day to credit your account

expressman33

Postby William Joseph1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:34 am

blythburgh wrote:And the one I used had no facilities for the disabled. No idea how people cope in the rain as I have seen queues at the vans when I have parked my car.
I wonder if a case could be made for discrimination?
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Thanked by: blythburgh
William Joseph1

Postby cocobay71 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:36 pm

The P.O. in our village is a god send as we have no bank for miles, paying in cash is so convenient but have started using my Lloyds app to clear the odd cheque now, the P.O. charge a stamp to send cheques.

cocobay71

Postby William Joseph1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:43 pm

If the post office accept Lloyds cash and cheques in their extended banking role, you should be able to get pre-addressed envelopes from Lloyds which the PO should be able to accept and send through their secure internal mail (not Royal Mail) free of charge and give you a receipt for the envelope. However as your PO does not seem to be up to date with all the Post Office cash handling machinery, this may not be possible in your particular case. Strange though the updated cash handling machinery has been around for a few years now and I know of none that are without it.

NB: Expressman33 comment above re Lloyds cheques at the PO.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Thanked by: blythburghdustiekevinchess1
William Joseph1

Postby Chadwick » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:27 pm

blythburgh wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:My Halifax app has a process where I can take a photo of the cheque and it is paid into my account :thumbup:

The more people who do that the more bank and eventually Post Offices will close

Wait till you try it. The convenience of just taking a photo of a cheque vastly outweighs having to walk into a branch. You could pay your cheque in while you were queuing for the counter.

Chadwick

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm

If you are a Barclays Bank customer you can do your banking via the Post Office: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/barclays

I understand this is a partnership that the Post Office would like to extend with other banks... Watch out for ever lengthening queues at the Post Office, particularly as bank branches close and more banks take up the opportunity of partnership with the Post Office.... :problem:

Boro Boy

Postby William Joseph1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Boro Boy wrote:If you are a Barclays Bank customer you can do your banking via the Post Office: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/barclays

I understand this is a partnership that the Post Office would like to extend with other banks... Watch out for ever lengthening queues at the Post Office, particularly as bank branches close and more banks take up the opportunity of partnership with the Post Office.... :problem:
There are currently 25 Banks who partner with the Post Office for their banking services https://www.postoffice.co.uk/everydaybanking I do not think that a couple more will make any difference to the queues. Of which at my Post Office are non existent. I am sure that there are offices with queues but since pensions largely started to being paid direct into Bank Accounts, have become less and less.

In short, queues are not the problem they once were and scare mongering about them is not needed.

Thanked by: blythburghDream on
William Joseph1

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:If you are a Barclays Bank customer you can do your banking via the Post Office: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/barclays

There are currently 25 Banks who partner with the Post Office for their banking services https://www.postoffice.co.uk/everydaybanking I do not think that a couple more will make any difference to the queues. Of which at my Post Office are non existent. I am sure that there are offices with queues but since pensions largely started to being paid direct into Bank Accounts, have become less and less.

In short, queues are not the problem they once were and scare mongering about them is not needed.

"Who's Scaremongering? and who's misinterpreting?" Obviously I should have added please disregard my entry if you live in the country or a village but if you live anywhere where there is any signs of life you may just see your post office queues grow as the bank branches close... :think:

Boro Boy

Postby William Joseph1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:

"Who's Scaremongering? and who's misinterpreting?" Obviously I should have added please disregard my entry if you live in the country or a village but if you live anywhere where there is any signs of life you may just see your post office queues grow as the bank branches close... :think:
No where have I said you were misinterpreting. I did say that I was sure that there were offices with queues. Incidentally I live neither in the country or a village and there are plenty of signs of life. We even have a Dominos Pizza. Can't be that small eh?

Thanked by: Dream onblythburgh
William Joseph1

PreviousNext

Return to Finance & property