Shares to make a profit this week (29th - 3rd)

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

Shares to make a profit this week (29th - 3rd)

Postby b_m » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:46 pm

I've been reading quite a bit about the 'investment club' and notice the enthusiasm (excellent).
I'm not too sure if you are planning on holding shares to make a decent long term profit (or short term if the share rises quickly).
I take relatively small profits (anything from £50 to say £300) depending how I feel the markets are going. But I work within a range as most, if not all shares operate within a range. The range changes (up and down), but there is generally a noticeable range (before moving to a different range, if that makes sense). So I try and 'pinch' a few quid within the range.
An example would be say MKS (Marks and Spencer). I believe the share price is at a low at the moment and the range is in the area of 420 - 440 (did dip slightly under 420 last week a few times, but bounces off those lows). I'm in MKS now and I'm looking for anything above 436. In the past MKS was in the 450 - 500 range and I would have consider 450 as a great entry point. The stores / supermarkets are out of favour and low now, but will (I'd imagine) come back up.
Some shares I think could offer 3% profit within a range (buying towards the bottom of the range and selling on a upwards move) next week are.
MKS (obviously) lol - range as above 420 - 440 (as above, 436 or above)
BNC (also in and no stamp duty) - range 595 - 630 (I'm looking at 610+ next week and out)
MRW (not in) - 170 - 185 (sold the week previously)
BP (not in) - range 445 - 475
TSCO (not in) - range 190 - 230 (watching this closely)
RIO - (not in) - range 3050 - 3180 (sold last week)

That's just a few from myself, how about a few 'predictions' from others for the week?
With the ranges above, I'll buy (when funds not tied up!) at the lower ends and try and achieve 2.5% - 3%)
Obviously the ranges could drop and I'll be stuck for example with BNC and MKS until they pick up. They could all rise and then I'd be out and in profit with what I hold, but wouldn't be able to get into the others (until they drop). Ideally, I want BNC and MKS to rise and the others to stay low (or drop) and then I can simply take the profit and switch (if only it went that way).
The markets are pretty much volatile at the moment, but that can be good as you can buy on the dips.

Of the above I fancy both MKS and BP to finish higher (though MKS can finish low as long as I get out with a profit!).
RIO is worth watching (along with other mining stocks like BLT), just have a look at the charts (like a pair of Wrangler jeans pockets).

So, what would you say is a share to watch next week where a profit could be made?
What would be the entry price? How much profit within the weeks range?
Good luck all and be lucky.

Thanked by: garindanrichard@imutualSarah
b_m

Re: Shares to make a profit this week (29th - 3rd)

Postby hugginhill » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 pm

I would go for a lottery ticket rather than this drivel. To sum it up:

"Good luck all and be lucky."
hugginhill

Postby garindan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:17 am

hugginhill wrote:I would go for a lottery ticket rather than this drivel.

That's a bit strong :o

Let's try to make sure comments are not taken the wrong way as we are all entitled to opinions :thumbup:
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Thanked by: b_m
garindan

Postby b_m » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Yes, lottery tickets may be your preferred option.
More of a gamble to myself as I very rarely draw any profits and have no doubt accumulated many losses from the lottery.
But, working within ranges works for myself and long may it happen.
I'm more than will to listen to sensible other methods that are successful to others.
Sharing is caring. ;-)
b_m

Return to Cashback Investment Club