Introducing our Cashback Guarantee

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Introducing our Cashback Guarantee

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Oct 07 2014 6:55pm

One of the biggest criticisms of cashback sites - for instance, in press articles - is that you are cautioned not to consider the cashback as being guaranteed. Even if you do everything correctly :shock: The largest two cashback sites have the following in their Terms and Conditions:
quidco wrote:We're afraid that cashback and cashback payment periods cannot be guaranteed due to the number of parties and hand-offs involved in the process
tcb wrote:In all circumstances payout of Cashback is at our sole discretion and further we may refuse to make payout of Cashback to you for any reason including but not limited to non-payout or late payout by the Merchant.
We don't think that's acceptable. :evil:

The imutual concept was created precisely to counter the concern that cashback offers might prove unreliable. We already offer the following measures to reassure members:
- A reputation for reliable cashback offers, backed up with published stats against each merchant
- An excellent track record of dealing with the small number of claims for untracked cashback, with regular performance stats published in our forum
- The option to "appeal" directly to members in the unlikely event of a claim being rejected
- Directors cashback guarantee to protect confirmed cashback in the highly unlikely event of the company hitting financial difficulties
- A unique member-owned structure, so you can hold directors to account

But in addition to all of the above, we've now introduced an explicit Cashback Guarantee.
imutual wrote:If you follow all the offer conditions but your cashback fails to track properly, and your claim gets rejected, we'll pay you anyway.
This applies to over 90% of our offers - the main exceptions being the "Free cashback" deals where claims aren't applicable anyway.

We've updated our T&Cs to reflect this new "guarantee". For more details, see here

We want to help as many people earn free cashback (and shares!) as we can, and we hope this will give you added confidence to share the imutual secret with everyone you know! :)
Thanked by: Oggy, 1960mackem, blythburgh, garindan, Denant, pieman, Phil85, kevinchess1, parchedpeas, b_m and 10 more users

cccashbacklover

Re: Introducing our Cashback Guarantee

Post by cccashbacklover » Wed Oct 08 2014 8:10am

Is most certainly excellent news for those who do Cashback offers via Imutual as we enter the busiest shopping period of the year :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Oct 08 2014 1:31pm

Good move.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Phil85

Post by Phil85 » Tue Oct 14 2014 9:48am

It works!!! I had a transaction wrongly rejected, claimed under the cashback guarantee and Imutual have agreed that it will be paid! Well done Imutual!

michelle@imutual

Post by michelle@imutual » Tue Oct 14 2014 11:49am

Phil85 wrote:It works!!! I had a transaction wrongly rejected, claimed under the cashback guarantee and Imutual have agreed that it will be paid! Well done Imutual!
Phil, Just to clarify, In this particular case it wasn't the guarantee that awarded this cashback, I contacted the merchant and questioned the decision they had made and after some swift negotiating the merchant has now agreed to pay us this commission. :thumbup: If however we had not been successful we would have had the cashback guarantee to fall back on :thumbup:
Thanked by: Richard Frost, Phil85

chatz

Post by chatz » Mon Nov 03 2014 4:51pm

Well done Imutual
Thanked by: richard@imutual

Ric

Post by Ric » Fri Jan 02 2015 10:16am

The cashback guarantee was the main reason why I've shifted the bulk of my transactions from TCB to imutual. In my book the guarantee more than makes up for the occasional slightly lower cashback rate on certain merchants. Happy to say that on the first occasion I've had to claim under the guarantee, albeit only for a low value transaction, imutual has honoured the guarantee in quick and efficient manner. Thank you. :thumbup:

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Jan 02 2015 10:23am

Yes
I put a claim in
Was rejected :(
But I got paid under the CBG :thumbup:
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Jan 02 2015 11:54am

Ric wrote:The cashback guarantee was the main reason why I've shifted the bulk of my transactions from TCB to imutual. In my book the guarantee more than makes up for the occasional slightly lower cashback rate on certain merchants. Happy to say that on the first occasion I've had to claim under the guarantee, albeit only for a low value transaction, imutual has honoured the guarantee in quick and efficient manner. Thank you. :thumbup:
That's lovely to hear, thank you :thumbup:

If just a few members could repeat this sentiment on other popular forums, imutual show grow nicely in 2015 :)
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jan 02 2015 12:10pm

I got a gentle rap over the knuckles at Swagbucks FB page recently. Nick said sites like imu are in competition with Swagbucks. I replied that I only mentioned that site if I won SB for searching for it and I always describe how I feel about the site I won the SB for. In some cases I say excellent (like imutual of course) but others rate a good or merely average.

I know at least one person signed up at imutual (did not ask for a ref link but not bothered about that) from my often won searches and me saying "I won X SB for searching for the excellent imutual."

So it is definitely worth spreading the word about the site. If you do not get a new ref you still win by the company you partly own growing.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler