Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny
cccashbacklover

"TANDEM, which plans to open within weeks"

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Oct 09 2016 1:00am

Thanked by: bobster007
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

poland71

Re: Tandem Bank goes 'LIVE'

Post by poland71 » Fri Nov 11 2016 10:55am

Those on here who signed up as co-founders, like I did, will have received the email from Tandem Bank informing us that things have gone "LIVE" on 4th/5th November.

I'm sure that doesn't mean that people joining now won't be CO-FOUNDERS, so others reading this are free to use the referral code I was given to join up.

The code is : 81YXL

Kindly sign up at http://agoodbank.co.uk/

Boro Boy

Re: Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Jul 20 2017 12:16pm

Did this scheme come good for anyone/everyone?

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Thu Jul 20 2017 2:32pm

You can still register for early access (but not as a co-founder), whatever difference that makes.

Website shows that they still haven't launched any products. The last update was March when they announced that an investor was not going ahead with planned funding. No news about planned launch date. Hope no-one has been holding their breath.

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Thu Jul 20 2017 6:57pm

Tandem were relying on a big investment from House of Fraser (now owned by a Chinese company) but that fell through in May. So Tandem's banking licence was suspended. They are not Tandem Bank any more they are Tandem Money. There is a credit card on its way, apparently. Some whizzy app as well.

A free share is a free share. I'm not convinced it's worth £75, mind you. Probably worth about £0 at the moment. Might be worth something north of that number sometime in the future. But then there are a number of similar new techy new banks out there doing a similar sort of thing. Goodness knows if any of them will ever amount to much.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Jul 20 2017 7:40pm

If anyone gets it. Try and sell it! There will be share broking fees to pay etc hardly worth it I think.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud, Kelantan

RonFlorabud

Post by RonFlorabud » Thu Jul 20 2017 10:23pm

You never know with these "free" shares. Most are worthless but some pay off a bit. I remember I made a few quid from Totalise, the internet service that ventured into telephone services, flowers and imported cars, and themutual.net. Both of those it was a case of selling damn quick before they became worthless.

bobster007

Post by bobster007 » Fri Jul 21 2017 1:00am

Just received an email invite to test out the app.

The requirements are Android lollipop (version 5) or above and IOS 9 for the iPhone. They also mentioned to read the T&Cs before testing the app though as I think they need to link an account to the app. Etc

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Fri Jul 21 2017 3:29pm

anthonyh wrote:You never know with these "free" shares. Most are worthless but some pay off a bit. I remember I made a few quid from Totalise, the internet service that ventured into telephone services, flowers and imported cars, and themutual.net. Both of those it was a case of selling damn quick before they became worthless.
Well yes. Some of us have received free shares in this entity known as imutual plc. I don't think they're worth that much at this precise moment in time. But you never know. :)

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jul 21 2017 6:32pm

Constantine wrote:
anthonyh wrote:You never know with these "free" shares. Most are worthless but some pay off a bit. I remember I made a few quid from Totalise, the internet service that ventured into telephone services, flowers and imported cars, and themutual.net. Both of those it was a case of selling damn quick before they became worthless.
Well yes. Some of us have received free shares in this entity known as imutual plc. I don't think they're worth that much at this precise moment in time. But you never know. :)
Personally to say the shares in imutual "have no known value" is an exaggeration I think. Reality tells me they are worth zero. How ever, as anthonyh says and the point of his post I suspect.
anthonyh wrote:You never know with these "free" shares. Most are worthless but some pay off a bit.
Thanked by: Kelantan