Vulgar riches/Good on him ?

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
Boro Boy

Re: Vulgar riches/Good on him ?

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Feb 09 2017 5:47pm

Derbiean wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
Derbiean wrote:Agents + sky = ridiculous money.

no.1 definitely, you would hope the clubs would do more to try and advise their (especially youngsters) players on the dangers that could befall them in future years if they simply throw the cash around as tho it'll never end, a football players' career is short and a bad injury can make it a damn sight shorter.

Tony Cascarino is one example they should be shown, hell he has an autobiography describing how he forced himself to keep playing in his 30's despite the impact on his physical health (his knees especially) because he wasted so much money in his 20's. After he retired he did work as a pundit, in his book he had vowed he never would as he claimed ex-players who become pundits are hypocrites.

I see your guys are out of The FA Cup, so will you get promotion?
Probably not unless the squad can stay injury free, so far that hasn't happened. Also our record signing, the 8.5m Vydra is turning out to be a flop so far, our top goal scorer Chris Martin is on loan at Fulham til the end of the season.

de Saart is a good player tho so thanks for him :thumbup:
You are welcome.

I had to laugh at the singing taunts on last nights match:

Derby fans to Leicester fans: "You're going down, going down, going down...!"
Leicester fans to Derby fans: "You're staying down, staying down, staying down...!" :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Thu Feb 09 2017 6:22pm

Boro Boy wrote:
You are welcome.

I had to laugh at the singing taunts on last nights match:

Derby fans to Leicester fans: "You're going down, going down, going down...!"
Leicester fans to Derby fans: "You're staying down, staying down, staying down...!" :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah the banter was real :lol:
Thanked by: Boro Boy, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Feb 10 2017 9:09am

Derbiean wrote: our top goal scorer Chris Martin is on loan at Fulham til the end of the season.
You can thank Norwich City for Chris. Beccles boy who was made by the Canaries but was not considered good enough for the Premiership.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Fri Feb 10 2017 11:10am

blythburgh wrote:
Derbiean wrote: our top goal scorer Chris Martin is on loan at Fulham til the end of the season.
You can thank Norwich City for Chris. Beccles boy who was made by the Canaries but was not considered good enough for the Premiership.
Sure we got him for pretty much nothing from you but he's developed alot since he joined the club.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Feb 10 2017 11:37am

Derbiean wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Sure we got him for pretty much nothing from you but he's developed alot since he joined the club.
He did us proud in the Championship but could not cut the mustard in the Premiership. But if he has developed so much with Derby why loan him out for the rest of the season???
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Feb 10 2017 11:40am

macliam wrote:Sorry, substitute footballer by any "celebrity" and I would say the same - we do not need new aristos saying "let them eat cake".
I would not lump talented footballers with celebrities. To me a celebrity is someone only famous for being on a reality show and getting a really good agent. Being prepared to do or say anything to get in the media spotlight is also something that marks out the successful celebs.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Fri Feb 10 2017 4:24pm

blythburgh wrote:
He did us proud in the Championship but could not cut the mustard in the Premiership. But if he has developed so much with Derby why loan him out for the rest of the season???
Because he fell out with Nigel Pearson our manager at the start of the season. He's been sacked and McClaren returned to the club who tried bring him back but Fulham said no (they paid a substantial loan fee and as part of the agreement all 3 parties had to agree to a recall, Derby and Martin did, Fulham nope). Martin has signed a new contract with Derby so next season he'll be back with us.

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Feb 10 2017 5:59pm

blythburgh wrote:
macliam wrote:Sorry, substitute footballer by any "celebrity" and I would say the same - we do not need new aristos saying "let them eat cake".
I would not lump talented footballers with celebrities. To me a celebrity is someone only famous for being on a reality show and getting a really good agent. Being prepared to do or say anything to get in the media spotlight is also something that marks out the successful celebs.
- so, are footballers more talented or dedicated or have a shorter career than Olympians or other sportsmen who don't earn mega-millions? No they aren't, so they are just celebrities, paid what they are because the market has been steered that way.

I don't forget Ronaldo at Manchester writing off his £200k Ferrari just two days after importing it - but then, he had a Bentley Continental, a Porsche 911 and a few other cars to fall back on. (Note - they weren't bought for his family....)
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Feb 10 2017 6:09pm

Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Feb 11 2017 1:50am

There must be a charity somewhere to help these people if not then perhaps the Government should step in...? :o