Is an apology enough?

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums

Re: Is an apology enough?

Postby macliam » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am

.......and it doesn't say sorry, explain what IPSO is or admit any wrongdoing. And it makes Fish and Chips taste bad........
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburgh
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Sarah » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 am

Another day, another Independent Press Standards Organisation ruling against the Daily Express for printing misleading anti-EU nonsense as news...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/clarifica ... ss-EU-Poll

Sarah

Postby blythburgh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 am

When I was doing market research interviewing I had one section of a questionaire that was obviously paid for by a tobacco company.

They pointed out that it had been proven that too much pepper would cause cancer. (It was glossed over the fact you would need to have it by the bowlful) and then asked questions about how dangerous pepper and smoking was. It was so slanted unless you were very intelligent you and spotted what they were doing you said that smoking was about as dangerous as having pepper on your food.

Market research polls can be skewed to get us to agree that the moon gives us more daylight than the sun.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby Chadwick » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:23 am

blythburgh wrote:Market research polls can be skewed to get us to agree that the moon gives us more daylight than the sun.

Fortunately, we don't need to rely on market research or polls any more. You can just say any old shit nowadays. Period.

Chadwick

Postby macliam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:46 am

Chadwick wrote:
blythburgh wrote:Market research polls can be skewed to get us to agree that the moon gives us more daylight than the sun.

Fortunately, we don't need to rely on market research or polls any more. You can just say any old shit nowadays. Period.

Who needs experts and so-called judges? :eh: :roll:
macliam

Postby Sarah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:33 am

Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable' source

The editors described the arguments for a ban as “centred on the Daily Mail’s reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat-out fabrication”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... or-website

Thanked by: blythburghmacliam
Sarah

Postby macliam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 am

Sarah wrote:Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable' source

The editors described the arguments for a ban as “centred on the Daily Mail’s reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat-out fabrication”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... or-website

This deserves a thread of its own!! :D

macliam

Postby Sarah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 pm

UK tabloid reports of sexual assault by refugees in Frankfurt were ‘completely made up’

Newspaper reports of a mass sexual-assault by refugees and migrants in Frankfurt, Germany, on News Years Eve were ‘completely made up’ it has emerged.

The claims were made just days ago in a right-wing German tabloid and repeated in the Daily Express in the UK.

The Daily Express alleged that a ‘mass sex attack’ by over 900 drunk refugees led to women being sexually harassed.

It even had the same quotes as the German tabloid (Bild) that first run the false story: (see link below)

But the quotes were fabricated and the story was made up.

German police looked into the incident and say the allegations are “without foundation” and are investigating those who claimed to witness the incident.

The story was also deleted from the Bild’s website and its online editor in chief apologised for it yesterday.

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2017/02/ ... y-made-up/

Sarah

Postby macliam » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Sarah wrote:UK tabloid reports of sexual assault by refugees in Frankfurt were ‘completely made up’

Newspaper reports of a mass sexual-assault by refugees and migrants in Frankfurt, Germany, on News Years Eve were ‘completely made up’ it has emerged.

The claims were made just days ago in a right-wing German tabloid and repeated in the Daily Express in the UK.

The Daily Express alleged that a ‘mass sex attack’ by over 900 drunk refugees led to women being sexually harassed.

It even had the same quotes as the German tabloid (Bild) that first run the false story: (see link below)

But the quotes were fabricated and the story was made up.

German police looked into the incident and say the allegations are “without foundation” and are investigating those who claimed to witness the incident.

The story was also deleted from the Bild’s website and its online editor in chief apologised for it yesterday.

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2017/02/ ... y-made-up/

Just lazy journallism I fear - they'll blame Bild and claim to have published "in good faith". :roll:

Then they'll get back to telling their own lies...... :twisted:

macliam

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 am

This is pretty crazy, or perhaps appropriate that a ***** newspaper gets an award for a ***** year:
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/daily-mai ... -for-2016/

The Daily Mail was named Newspaper of The Year at the Press Awards last night for its “strong and provocative voice”, campaigning journalism and shaping of the national conversation, judges said.

Sarah

PreviousNext

Return to Other stuff