Brexit inflation?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest

Re: Brexit inflation?

Postby Chadwick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 am

pakefield wrote:
macliam wrote:Ummmm .... mayo is made (or should be made) from eggs and oil, so it's unlikely to be "low cal" - I'd suggest a look at the ingredients and any additives is in order.

It's actually fairly easy to make, which could solve both the ingredients and cost issue! (see HERE) Personally, I'd leave out the vinegar and use extra lemon, but hey - 15 minutes!

You are talking chalk and cheese here

I'm all for experimenting in the kitchen, but I don't think you could legitimately call that mayo.

Thanked by: kevinchess1
Chadwick

Postby blythburgh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:21 am

We use the so called Mayo in sauces and in cottage cheese (though I try to eat it as it comes out of the pot). If you want Mayo for a salad then macliam has the right idea. Though we tend to go for lemon, balsamic vinegar and oil for the dressing rather than Mayo
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby macliam » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 pm

pakefield wrote:
macliam wrote:Ummmm .... mayo is made (or should be made) from eggs and oil, so it's unlikely to be "low cal" - I'd suggest a look at the ingredients and any additives is in order.

It's actually fairly easy to make, which could solve both the ingredients and cost issue! (see HERE) Personally, I'd leave out the vinegar and use extra lemon, but hey - 15 minutes!

No chalk or cheese in any recipe I know ;)

Nothing better for a toasted bacon sandwich - in place of any spread and with black pepper, yum :mrgreen:

Also great as a basis for a Marie-Rose sauce with seafood - just add ketchup, worcestershire sauce and black pepper.

If it's from natural ingredients and you ignore the fat fascists (or use it "as part of a balanced diet" ;) ), then there's no problem with it - it's the manufactured products that are the problem.......
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburgh
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Chadwick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

macliam wrote:Nothing better for a toasted bacon sandwich - in place of any spread and with black pepper, yum :mrgreen:

Ahem.

Chadwick

Postby macliam » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Chacun à son goût - or lack of.... :sick:

Brown sauce - definitely a Brit thing :mrgreen:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam

Postby blythburgh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 am

macliam wrote:
pakefield wrote:

No chalk or cheese in any recipe I know ;)

Nothing better for a toasted bacon sandwich - in place of any spread and with black pepper, yum :mrgreen:

Also great as a basis for a Marie-Rose sauce with seafood - just add ketchup, worcestershire sauce and black pepper.

If it's from natural ingredients and you ignore the fat fascists (or use it "as part of a balanced diet" ;) ), then there's no problem with it - it's the manufactured products that are the problem.......

Chalk and cheese or bread and bacon. Shop Mayo and homemade mayo are totally different things and bear very little relationship to each other.

But I still cannot understand why anyone wants to ruin a good bit of bacon by adding bread to it. I love the treacle or beer bacon i can get locally but these days do not buy it. 'im indoors does not want gout again and bacon is one of the triggers.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby kevinchess1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm

macliam wrote:Ummmm .... mayo is made (or should be made) from eggs and oil,

Egg Yolks
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Postby Sarah » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 am

"UK inflation rate leaps to 2.3%"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39337909

Sarah

Postby expressman33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 am

Sarah wrote:"UK inflation rate leaps to 2.3%"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39337909

I would say food inflation is running a lot higher than this , also there are many electric & gas price rises about to kick in.

expressman33

Postby blythburgh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am

We put stuff in the food bank box every week because we understand there are people far worse off than us. And the saddest thing is they are often in work. Not necessary full time with the zero hours or part time but can be topped up hours contracts work these days
blythburgh

Previous

Return to Life's little questions