The Buffoon that is Boris

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest

The Buffoon that is Boris

Postby blythburgh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:31 am

He was on the Today programme and said how many things we cannot export to the USA but would be able to when we have a free trade agreement with them.

He did not like it when it was pointed out the person responsible in the Trump administration for the area of discussing free trade agreements said the main priority was getting a deal with the EU and the UK was way down the list.

And he then pointed out we cannot export haggis to the USA, depriving Americans of this great food item. No doubt butchers of Scottish descent are quite capable of making their own and do not need ours.

Can you imagine how much our trade deficit figures will come down if we can start exporting the noble haggis to the USA.

Buffoon is a mild word for this lying politician. OK forget he was a leading remainer until the last minute. but do not forget he lied over and over again about how much money we send to the EU each month that could be spent on the NHS. Apart from what we get back in monetary terms which would have cut that figure dramatically the rebate we get means that a lot of that money is never sent to Brussels in the first place.

Johnson is a childish buffoon and a liar who stoops to childish insults against Corbyn and heaven help us he is our Foreign Secretary.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Thanked by: Dream onWilliam Joseph
blythburgh

Re: The Buffoon that is Boris

Postby parchedpeas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:09 am

They are all awful, though. He is only as bad as the others.

I am staggered when I see the opinion polls: how are so many people backing the Tories? Theresa May hasn't come up with a single relatable policy that backs up her claim she will fight for those who are Just About Managing. She's running on the fumes of the last Conservative government under Cameron, and the only thing she's added is things like Grammar Schools, which help the very opposite of the Just About Managing.

And on Brexit, she's flailing around clueless.

She shows her contempt for the British people by simple repeating the words Stabe and Strong and hoping that will be enough to win her the poll, and sadly, it probably will. What an awful government. What an awful country we are at the moment.

Thanked by: Dream onWilliam Josephblythburgh
parchedpeas

Postby blythburgh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:14 am

parchedpeas wrote:
I am staggered when I see the opinion polls: how are so many people backing the Tories?

I think many people cannot support Labour with Corbyn as leader. Nice and very decent and honourable man but not Prime Minister material IMHO.

But remember a week is a long time in politics and the election result in each constituency will result in part in how many people can be bothered to vote and how many say there is no party I want to be governing the country so I will abstain this time.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Postby William Joseph » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 am

parchedpeas wrote:They are all awful, though. He is only as bad as the others.

I am staggered when I see the opinion polls: how are so many people backing the Tories? Theresa May hasn't come up with a single relatable policy that backs up her claim she will fight for those who are Just About Managing. She's running on the fumes of the last Conservative government under Cameron, and the only thing she's added is things like Grammar Schools, which help the very opposite of the Just About Managing.

And on Brexit, she's flailing around clueless.

She shows her contempt for the British people by simple repeating the words Stable and Strong and hoping that will be enough to win her the poll, and sadly, it probably will. What an awful government. What an awful country we are at the moment.
Yes I totally agree. However many people will vote for her because they are frightened of the future and take note that she says she will provide a stable effective government, they see the opposition as unelectable/ineffective/useless and are not prepared to take a risk.

Is there anyone else currently in the running capable of forming a government? Chuka Umunna did this country a great disservice when he stood down from the leadership contest as a result of press intrusion.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

Thanked by: blythburghDream on
William Joseph

Postby blythburgh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:40 am

Clive Lewis has proven to be a good MP and has principles. I think he will retain his Norwich seat but elections are a bit like betting, you take the facts as you know them and then your horse falls at the final fence.

Also remember how badly the pollsters have done in recent years.

And must admit t0 agreeing with parts of all the parties possible manifestoes. But there is a lot in them that I disagree with strongly.

At the moment I will vote Lib Dem as they are the ones most in tune with my views but not on everything. And I am convinced that the as yet to be announced Labour Candidate for my constituency will not win. So my vote will not make a difference locally but will add one more to the overall total of votes won my the Lib Dems. I expect the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems,. UKIP and the Greens to stand here but only the sitting Tory and the Greens are confirmed as candidates. UKIP imploded earlier this year but I find no excuse for Labour not having a candidate in place and getting the publicity that goes with being a PPC.

blythburgh

Postby Sarah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:00 am

Boris was on LBC this morning too, standing by the £350m fiction (although at one point he said £250m instead; he doesn't seem too concerned with details):
http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/special-show ... lbc-watch/

I think there are two major drivers to The Conservatives popularity at the moment; one is the Brexit and UKIP supporters switching across to them for delivery of their goals and the other is just basic perception of competence vs incompetence of the opposition. These things don't require Theresa May and The Conservatives to have a broad manifesto of great policies, so this far she's able to ride through easily on the back of Brexit by keeping the focus pretty narrow. That, of course, doesn't stop the wheels coming off the bus further down the road, like many of us believe will inevitably happen when reality bites.

Incidentally a new YouGov/Times poll out today has Brexit "regret" now ahead of those satisfied with the referendum result:
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... -poll-says

Nevertheless, there have been similar articles before, such as this from November last year:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 95811.html

Thanked by: blythburghChadwick
Sarah

Postby wenpa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Doesn't anyone realise the main reason she has called an election is to get rid of Boris before he starts world war III. Come a new government come a new foreign minister.

Thanked by: blythburgh
wenpa

Postby Sarah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

She could do that at any time; it doesn't require a general election (unless you think he's going to lose his Uxbridge seat).

Thanked by: blythburghkevinchess1
Sarah

Postby William Joseph » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Sarah wrote:She could do that at any time; it doesn't require a general election (unless you think he's going to lose his Uxbridge seat).
We live in hope.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

William Joseph

Postby kevinchess1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 pm

I don't know she messing about with BJ
Just give the job to Prince Phillip and be done with it
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Sharing: *

Next

Return to Life's little questions