"Angela Rayner has been to the Diane Abbott maths class."

Media articles about money-saving topics

Re: "Angela Rayner has been to the Diane Abbott maths class."

Postby macliam » Mon May 15, 2017 1:08 pm

expressman33 wrote:
macliam wrote:c) Back up your computer. Standalone backup disks cost little these days (we've had many offers on imutual) - I bought a 4gb Samsung for under £80 and that allows me to do regular backups using free software (EaseUS Todo). More than one generation of a backup helps too......

I assume you mean 4tb

Ah, you spotted the deliberate mistake ( :oops: now corrected)

4gb wouldn't go far these days..... whereas for those of us who remember buying 120mb removable disks at over £250 a time.......:shifty:

Have a look at some of the prices here - PC Mag 1985 - it will make your eyes water! Then think of wages 40 years ago....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Boro Boy » Tue May 16, 2017 11:26 am

I wonder if Diane Abbot had any involvement in the financial calculations in the Labour Manifesto launch today...? No mention of the cost of renationalisation's they have stated they want to enact.

I recall my old Grandad stating years ago that Government should never run a business but remarkably all that seems to have come into the news again...

Thanked by: blythburgh
Boro Boy

Postby Sarah » Tue May 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Jeremy Corbyn has stated he thinks these industries can be taken over for free ("cost neutral")! :lol:

In the case of the railways by waiting until franchises are up for renewal (but what about all the £billions of capital costs?) and in the case of the water companies by swapping shares for bonds (but what about the interest/dividends and repayments on them?); this is beyond ridiculous!

He also proposes to raise £48.6billion in taxes and £250billion in borrowing to pay for his fantasy manifesto!

Sarah

Postby Boro Boy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Sarah wrote:Jeremy Corbyn has stated he thinks these industries can be taken over for free ("cost neutral")! :lol:

In the case of the railways by waiting until franchises are up for renewal (but what about all the £billions of capital costs?) and in the case of the water companies by swapping shares for bonds (but what about the interest/dividends and repayments on them?); this is beyond ridiculous!

He also proposes to raise £48.6billion in taxes and £250billion in borrowing to pay for his fantasy manifesto!

Diane Abbot said all the figures stack up...! :crazy:

Oh and in case its buried later: they said that that deficit would be reversed by the end of their 5 years...!!! :lol:

Boro Boy

Postby Boro Boy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Perhaps it's because nobody have that number of fingers...!
Boro Boy

Postby Derbiean » Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 am

While the interest rate is low it makes sense to borrow, the investment presumably stimulates the economy enough to repay the 25bn a year in question assuming the country remains attractive enough to businesses considering some of the policies. To the rest (renationalisation) maybe it depends on the result of brexit or maybe they don't know yet but don't want to say.

Derbiean

Postby blythburgh » Wed May 17, 2017 6:41 am

The Tories on here have no need to attack Labour, they have produced a pathetically bad manifesto that will stop a lot of people voting for them. I like bits of it but know they are unaffordable and so do others who would be normally be prepared to vote Labour.

Add to that May has become a Presidential figure saying vote for me not the Conservative Party. What I want will happen and heaven help anyone who defies me.

Hard Brexit is coming and then we will see that the Tories led this country into an economic disaster.

So you have a stark choice in most constituencies. An poorer future for the country by voting either Tory or Labour and the other parties cannot get enough seats to prevent one or other of those parties forming the next Govt.

We should be talking about so many things affecting this country but just like the County Council elections it will be all about Brexit.

Brexit is going to happen, a small majority voted for it, how it happens matters but May is a dictator and she wants a hard Brexit so that is what will happen.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby Sarah » Wed May 17, 2017 7:21 am

Wait... there are Tories on here? Is it that George Osborne again?

Sarah

Postby blythburgh » Wed May 17, 2017 7:36 am

Sarah wrote:Wait... there are Tories on here? Is it that George Osborne again?

I would say the forum covers all the UK wide parties. We all have our views, some I agree with, others I disagree with but at least I can respect the views of most posts. But I do get fed up with the post again in the thread because nobody answered my previous post, on once occasion someone quoted themselves to try and get someone to answer their original post. Did not seem to realise that I and others did not respond to the original post because we chose not to. Or are they trying to get more "thank you's"?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby kevinchess1 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 pm

I see Tiny Tim if offering to legalize cannabis :shock:

August 2017 at No 10 '
Tim Tim, the economy is in free fall, inflation has hit double figures and everyone on strike!
WTF are we gonna do?'
Tim 'Lets skin up.' :lol:
Politically incorrect since 69
kevinchess1

Sharing: *

PreviousNext

Return to In the news