Another hidious attack tonight...

Media articles about money-saving topics

Re: Another hidious attack tonight...

Postby William Joseph » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:23 pm

anthonyh wrote:
blythburgh wrote:My heart goes out the the victims and their families. And all true Muslims who hate this as much as the rest of us.

Really, were they Muslims? Not read that yet.

Part of the issue, even if the perpetrators identify themselves as Muslims they are not. They are terrorists through and through. They have no real religion as no real religion would support this terrorist ideology.

It is about time the BBC and other broadcasters stopped referring to "so called Islamic State" and used the terms daesh or ISIL these are the terms more widely used.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

Thanked by: blythburghkevinchess1anthonyh
William Joseph

Postby Sarah » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:13 pm

William Joseph wrote:Part of the issue, even if the perpetrators identify themselves as Muslims they are not. They are terrorists through and through. They have no real religion as no real religion would support this terrorist ideology.

This is absolute garbage that will get us nowhere. They were not atheists doing this in the name of atheism. They were religious terrorists committing cold blooded murder in the name of their god and shouted that fact whilst perpetrating these terrible acts.

It's simply ridiculous to ignore or attempt to disclaim the religious motivation behind these atrocities. Muslims like Maajid Nawaz (founding chairman of counter-extremism think-tank Quilliam) accept that and are looking for practical ways to tackle it. I would like to see others to do the same. There's no "true" religion; the answer won't be found by burying heads in the sand and pretending "it's nothing to do with religion" when clearly it is.
Last edited by Sarah on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanked by: blythburgh
Sarah

Postby Derbiean » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Religion is not the motivator here it is the pretext, the motivation is hatred, focusing on a religion where the overwhelming majority are not violent is not only a waste of time but also counter productive.

Thanked by: blythburghWilliam Josephmacliamanthonyh
Derbiean

Postby macliam » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:11 pm

daesh and al quaeda are terrorists who happen to be Muslim. The stern gang were terrorists who happened to be Jewish. The Lord's resistance Army are terrorists who happen to be Christian. Religion can be one of the drivers, but it is not the cause of the terrorism - as Seneca said "A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer’s hand.".

By conflating daesh terrorism with Islam, you are lending credence to the Islamists excuse for targeting the west - i.e. the west bombs Muslims, hence people in the west are responsible whether or not they support the bombing. The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, but the continual focus on the terrorists religion will destroy any chance of integration and bring about Al Baghdadi's wishes.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburghWilliam Joseph
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Anyone is welcome to this country who wants to adopt our principles and culture, I do not want to adopt theirs and I certainly don't what to see people killed in my local streets just because they are not muslim.

When will a politician be strong enough to activate the Traitor Laws for the returning jihadi's when will the Police spend more time listening to what is happening in the mosques rather than Katie Hopkins tweets!?!
Boro Boy

Postby Derbiean » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Boro Boy wrote:Anyone is welcome to this country who wants to adopt our principles and culture, I do not want to adopt theirs and I certainly don't what to see people killed in my local streets just because they are not muslim.

When will a politician be strong enough to activate the Traitor Laws for the returning jihadi's when will the Police spend more time listening to what is happening in the mosques rather than Katie Hopkins tweets!?!

Perhaps if the tories stopped cutting funding to the police they could do more preemptive operations? Katie Hopkins is a bigot who called for the final solution, just because she's white does not mean she is exempt from the law.

And again not all Muslims are terrorists so listening into the mosques is not only a gross violation of privacy but again is counter productive, by doing such a stupid thing you'll be doing the recruiting for the terrorists.

Derbiean

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Derbiean wrote:Perhaps if the tories stopped cutting funding to the police they could do more preemptive operations? Katie Hopkins is a bigot who called for the final solution, just because she's white does not mean she is exempt from the law.

And again not all Muslims are terrorists so listening into the mosques is not only a gross violation of privacy but again is counter productive, by doing such a stupid thing you'll be doing the recruiting for the terrorists.

Police cuts do not explain why these attacks have happened or indeed why they have happened across Europe and in places like the Boston Marathon; only small mindedness would assume that more police is the single answer, its regaining control of our boarders and strengthening our laws so the Police can stop the returning jihad's and finding out what is actually being taught in the places like the Didsbury mosque...
Boro Boy

Re: Another hideous attack tonight...

Postby William Joseph » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Boro Boy wrote:Anyone is welcome to this country who wants to adopt our principles and culture, I do not want to adopt theirs and I certainly don't what to see people killed in my local streets just because they are not muslim.
Get your facts right! These terrorists do not kill people because they are non Muslims. They have killed many people of all faiths and none, they do not separate people and choose who to kill. In that respect they have no discrimination. They have a problem with democracy not religion.

By boarders in your last post I assume you mean borders.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

William Joseph

Re: Another hideous attack tonight...

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:13 pm

William Joseph wrote:
Get your facts right! These terrorists do not kill people because they are non Muslims. They have killed many people of all faiths and none, they do not separate people and choose who to kill. In that respect they have no discrimination. They have a problem with democracy not religion.

By boarders in your last post I assume you mean borders.

Thanks for the spell check but the facts are they the terrorists may be anti democratic but are certainly fighting an anti-muslim war; or should I say an anti-(their version of)muslim war. Killing Infidels means heaven for the terrorist so they say.
Boro Boy

Postby William Joseph » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Your posting such a load of rubbish. It is not even worth the debate.

William Joseph

PreviousNext

Return to In the news