New season in the Chanpionship

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
blythburgh

New season in the Chanpionship

Post by blythburgh » Sun Aug 06 2017 7:12am

A good start for Norwich City getting an away draw against their bogey side.

And in the commentary box for Radio Norfolk was the King of Spain who saw the Admiral score the equalising goal just when it looked as if we would lose again.

Dread to think what the King of Spain would have said if he knew a friend of ours who has supported the Canaries all his life had put on a bet that Norwich City will be relegated at the end of the season. A fool and his money are soon parted by a happy bookie
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

ukrussian

Re: New season in the Chanpionship

Post by ukrussian » Sun Aug 06 2017 8:50am

grrr
Thanked by: blythburgh

1960mackem

Post by 1960mackem » Sun Aug 06 2017 10:24am

Watch out canaries - the cats are coming

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sun Aug 06 2017 8:34pm

Who cares?

Cardiff City won 1-0 away against the might of Burton Albion. Puts them in 4th place. Mainly due to alphabetical order it must be said. Still it's a better start than last season.

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sat Aug 12 2017 5:58pm

Cardiff just stuffed Aston VIlla 3-0. Villa were supposed to be one of the championship favourites. So that's a damn good result.

It places them properly on top of the championship table. On goal difference. I know it's only early days, but it's a lot better than last season. At least before Christmas.

The yellow birds play tomorrow.
Thanked by: pakefield, blythburgh

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Mon Aug 21 2017 7:51pm

I should like to point out that not only did Cardiff beat Sheff Utd 2-0 at home on Tuesday. We also beat Wolves away on Sat 2-1.The only disappointment being that we conceded a goal.

This is a lot better than last season. In fact, according to the BBC this is a lot better than every season Cardiff have ever played going back to 1910.

I am hopeful.:)

timco

Post by timco » Tue Aug 22 2017 7:35am

Sad thing about being in the Prem, even if it may be only one season, is I won't be doing the Cardiff directors box this season the food in there is absolutely wonderful.

Gonna have to make do with the Directors box at West Ham and Swansea and executive box at Chelski instead see how they match up to Cardiff. Did executive box at Villa also last season and the food was terrible if I were paying for it would want my money back.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 22 2017 9:01am

timco wrote:Sad thing about being in the Prem, even if it may be only one season, is I won't be doing the Cardiff directors box this season the food in there is absolutely wonderful.

Gonna have to make do with the Directors box at West Ham and Swansea and executive box at Chelski instead see how they match up to Cardiff. Did executive box at Villa also last season and the food was terrible if I were paying for it would want my money back.
Are you a self made millionaire or just a "celebrity" ?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

timco

Post by timco » Tue Aug 22 2017 9:25am

blythburgh wrote:
Neither my son is Chairman of Cardiff City Foundation former director of Swansea City current director of Aston Villa and currently works for a Welsh multi-millionaire Hollywood Superstar/political activist. This, plus his previous employers, people like Hillary Clinton, and his friends, he is best Buds with Jacqueline Gold (The West Ham link), sort of gets us in lots of places.

He wants to quit the Cardiff role but the Chairman of Cardiff City does not want him to as when he goes to Cardiff games they don't lose.

He has a tough life in one week he was backstage with U2 chatting with Bono and The Edge couple of days later he was backstage as family and friends with Coldplay. He has promised to get me backstage with Metallica for my birthday later in the year.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 22 2017 10:19am

timco wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Neither my son is Chairman of Cardiff City Foundation former director of Swansea City current director of Aston Villa and currently works for a Welsh multi-millionaire Hollywood Superstar/political activist. This, plus his previous employers, people like Hillary Clinton, and his friends, he is best Buds with Jacqueline Gold (The West Ham link), sort of gets us in lots of places.

He wants to quit the Cardiff role but the Chairman of Cardiff City does not want him to as when he goes to Cardiff games they don't lose.

He has a tough life in one week he was backstage with U2 chatting with Bono and The Edge couple of days later he was backstage as family and friends with Coldplay. He has promised to get me backstage with Metallica for my birthday later in the year.
You have been very successful in being a parent and good luck to you and him. I am sure he has got where he is due to the grounding you gave him as a child and sheer hard work combined with that bit of luck we all need. And at least he is not a mere "celebrity" (I regard a celeb as someone who is simply famous for pushing themselves into the limelight but has no real talent.) Enjoy the Metallica do and an early happy birthday, mon ami.