Rees-Mogg

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest

Rees-Mogg

Postby blythburgh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 am

This odious little attention seeker is fiercely denying he wants to be the next leader of the Tory Party.

In other words I will hang around wherever the media is so I can be interviewed by the press, radio, tv etc as I am desperate to lead the Conservative Party back to the 19th Century. And make sure Thatcherism is alive and well.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Re: Rees-Mogg

Postby dorisifa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34 am

Jacob Rees-Mogg, and his populist support, is something that is completely beyond my understanding.
But apart from that Mrs Lincoln how was the play?

Thanked by: blythburgh
dorisifa

Postby Sarah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am

He's being carried on a wave of support for no-compromise Brexit; nothing more.

Sarah

Postby Constantine » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 pm

blythburgh wrote:This odious little attention seeker is fiercely denying he wants to be the next leader of the Tory Party.

You might not like Rees-Mogg, or his politics, but there is no need to be nasty.

There's already too much nastiness in politics these day. We don't need any more.

Thanked by: xrppziblythburghkevinchess1expressman33
Constantine

Postby expressman33 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:57 pm

blythburgh wrote:This odious little attention seeker is fiercely denying he wants to be the next leader of the Tory Party.

In other words I will hang around wherever the media is so I can be interviewed by the press, radio, tv etc as I am desperate to lead the Conservative Party back to the 19th Century. And make sure Thatcherism is alive and well.

Careful blythburgh , I believe in free speech but some people would consider this to be "trolling" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Last edited by expressman33 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanked by: xrppziblythburgh
expressman33

Postby pabenny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

So you're not a fan, then?

Thanked by: kevinchess1blythburgh
pabenny

Postby blythburgh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:49 pm

expressman33 wrote:

Careful blythburgh , I believe in free speech but some people would consider this to be "trolling" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I find him odious and nobody can deny that he is an attention seeker when it comes to the media.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby blythburgh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 am

I am very puzzled as to why some people think he should be leader of the Tory party. Is there a Mogg supporter here who can enlighten me?

Yes, I find his political views abhorrent, but then I find the poliltical views of Liam Fox abhorrent but I have always known that he is using the media to put across his view and try to get public support for it. Not a leadership attempt in disguise or a "I just want to be a celebrity MP".

Fox and I have totally opposing views on the EU and many other things but that does not mean I cannot respect the man. He has always talked to the press to get his message about the EU accross not out of personal vanity or monetary gain. And that I find is the difference between most Brexit supporting MP's and Rees-Mogg. What they believe in is why they get in the media, not for what the media can do for their politcal careers.

The only thing I can say in his favour is he is a genuine character, it is not an act. Boris Johnson on the other hand is a great actor at times. And he is genuinely anti the EU not jumping on the bandwagon in an attempt to be Prime Minister unlike Johnson who was always a remainer but chose to pretend otherwise for his own political ends.
blythburgh

Postby macliam » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:12 am

Too much - I think you like him really! ;)

As the bard said "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" :D
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Constantine » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm

blythburgh wrote:..I find him odious and nobody can deny that he is an attention seeker when it comes to the media.

Your self confessed inability to discuss politics in a rational manner is duly noted.

Thanked by: xrppzi
Constantine

Next

Return to Life's little questions