Need for proper mobile website

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary

Need for proper mobile website

Postby Boro Boy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 pm

I have just arrived back from a short (Busmans) Holiday and whilst away I accessed iMutual on my mobile and stumbled to opporate iMutual website but use it I did but was staggered to find out that the website did not recognise my hard work in the history page and obviously there was no payment to follow... :thumbdown:

Has any one out there experienced the same problems or am I doing something wrong? :wtf:

Thanked by: blythburghpakefield
Boro Boy

Re: Need for proper mobile website

Postby timco » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm

You must have done something wrong as I do mine on a mobile everyday and rarely have issues. It does jump around a lot when logging in but after that it is usually OK.

Personally I don't like mobile sites and get really annoyed with places that will not often let me select the desktop site (ARE YOU LISTENING BBC!) my mobiles are often with 5.5 or 6 inch screens so big enough to cope with the full sites and the mobile ones rarely deliver in the way I want them too.

This busmans holiday was it in the UK? or was it something with the wifi you were using? Needs to be a UK IP to work and some wifi's never record like ASDA, never get any clicks to register on their wifi.

Thanked by: blythburghpakefield
timco

Postby macliam » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:11 pm

I agree about sites that force you to use the mobile version - this even happens on my 8" tablet! The funtionality is usually much reduced and it feels like a kiddies version.... :(

The same seems to happen when sites try to make themselves "universal", the "normal" functionality is degraded to allow for the limitations of mobiles. :x
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburgh
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Boro Boy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:09 pm

timco wrote:You must have done something wrong as I do mine on a mobile everyday and rarely have issues. It does jump around a lot when logging in but after that it is usually OK.

Personally I don't like mobile sites and get really annoyed with places that will not often let me select the desktop site (ARE YOU LISTENING BBC!) my mobiles are often with 5.5 or 6 inch screens so big enough to cope with the full sites and the mobile ones rarely deliver in the way I want them too.

This busmans holiday was it in the UK? or was it something with the wifi you were using? Needs to be a UK IP to work and some wifi's never record like ASDA, never get any clicks to register on their wifi.

Cheers! Perhaps I should have added that I was trying to access the site from Italy. I had no problem accessing the website (but it was cumbersome as usual) or other websites but it didn't seem to want to record or recognise me...! :crazy:

Boro Boy

Postby macliam » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:19 pm

It's UK-based, so likely sites detected a foreign IP address.....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburghBoro Boy
macliam

Postby blythburgh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 am

Boro Boy wrote:
timco wrote:You must have done something wrong as I do mine on a mobile everyday and rarely have issues. It does jump around a lot when logging in but after that it is usually OK.

Cheers! Perhaps I should have added that I was trying to access the site from Italy. I had no problem accessing the website (but it was cumbersome as usual) or other websites but it didn't seem to want to record or recognise me...! :crazy:

That explains the non tracking
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby Chadwick » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:59 am

I'd welcome a mobile version. Even if it only had the basic functionality like finding and using a merchant, and the forum.
Navigating the desktop site on a mobile is frustrating and the few times I've attempted it have persuaded me not to bother.

Chadwick

Postby blythburgh » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 am

It is not for me, but a lot of people do use their mobiles for shopping and they are not going to faff around a poorly designed site to get a bit of cashback.

Bet the big two have better mobile sites.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby William Joseph » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:56 am

Its unlikely from the things that need to be done that anything is going to happen in the near future. Even the day to day jobs seem to have been ignored at the moment. One of the problems of trying to run the business on a shoestring. Don't expect any developments soon. At the moment I do not even see the point in discussing developmental work. The day to day work needs to be done. Competitions, updating and adding of new merchants are all obviously suffering. As a consequence I and am sure others are using other companies for cashback other than daily clicks.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

Thanked by: blythburghkevinchess1Dream onpabenny
William Joseph

Postby ukrussian » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Of course without a website configured for the mobile market Google also rank your website lower in search results than those who do have one however useless that site is.

Thanked by: pabennyblythburgh
ukrussian

Next

Return to Problems and issues