Need for proper mobile website

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary

Re: Need for proper mobile website

Postby Dream on » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am

I think this is about the fifth or sixth time that Boro Boy has raised this subject. He has determination for sure. But it will not make any difference. The truth is there is no priority list, there are hardly any staff and there is no money to do it. If I was a shareholder I would be very unhappy with the Chief Executive and his management of the company and would probably vote him out at the next AGM.

Wait I am a shareholder, I forgot for a moment. The Chief Executive is paid nothing or peanuts at the best and the AGM is a sop to the membership with at best only ten people attending an online forum. There is no one else to replace the Chief Executive and the company would fold if he was not around.

Don't get me wrong, despite what I have said I am a big fan of Richard. he set up and maintained this website against a lot of odds. He has had to work elsewhere in order to make a living. Its just that some people are unrealistic. Without a big injection of cash in some form or another imutual will remain in the doldrums. All the shouts and requests are not going to go anywhere and that includes a mobile website.

Dream on

Postby pabenny » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 pm

A fair summation of the position.

An alternative question is whether there is anything that members can contribute that goes beyond a wish-list of improvements. For example does anyone have any coding skills to be able make site changes?

pabenny

Postby Boro Boy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:41 pm

timco wrote:...? Needs to be a UK IP to work and some wifi's never record like ASDA, never get any clicks to register on their wifi.

I'm back in Italy with my laptop this time and everything is working ok so the idea of a none-UK IP address seems to be wrong - as I thought the issue is with accessing the iMutual website via am mobile as I did last time I was here when my searches went unrewarded...! :eh:

Thanked by: blythburgh
Boro Boy

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
timco wrote:...? Needs to be a UK IP to work and some wifi's never record like ASDA, never get any clicks to register on their wifi.

I'm back in Italy with my laptop this time and everything is working ok so the idea of a none-UK IP address seems to be wrong - as I thought the issue is with accessing the iMutual website via am mobile as I did last time I was here when my searches went unrewarded...! :eh:

I know this is going on a bit but if anyone knows why I didn't get rewarded for visiting sites via mobile but did via lap-top (both in Italy) I would like to know.... :crazy:

Thanked by: blythburgh
Boro Boy

Previous

Return to Problems and issues