Again, how easily the past is forgotten...! Superbug time!

Media articles about money-saving topics

Re: Again, how easily the past is forgotten...! Superbug time!

Postby William Joseph » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:41 am

macliam wrote:Oh - and PS, this from April this year Image
just for the sake of correctness this is showing Ken on the Docklands Light Railway whilst although part of the London underground, is a mainly above ground railway line.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

Thanked by: Dream on
William Joseph

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:57 am

Never forget it was Red Ken who disbanded the only two "hoover" trains that use to clean up the underground over night; now all that dust just collects wait to be disturbed by the next passing tube train.... :sick:

Thanked by: blythburgh
Boro Boy

Postby William Joseph » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:03 am

Boro Boy wrote:Never forget it was Red Ken who disbanded the only two "hoover" trains that use to clean up the underground over night; now all that dust just collects wait to be disturbed by the next passing tube train.... :sick:
You have already said that. Now you are just being boringly repetitive.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

William Joseph

Postby macliam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 am

William Joseph wrote:
just for the sake of correctness this is showing Ken on the Docklands Light Railway whilst although part of the London underground, is a mainly above ground railway line.

Sorry WJ, you're wrong, look again. This is Ken on the Jubilee Line - Bermondsey, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, North Greenwich, Canning Town.....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby William Joseph » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 am

macliam wrote:
William Joseph wrote:

Sorry WJ, you're wrong, look again. This is Ken on the Jubilee Line - Bermondsey, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, North Greenwich, Canning Town.....
Sorry :oops: Thank you. I saw Canary Wharf and jumped in with two flat feet.

William Joseph

Postby macliam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:06 pm

No probs .... I had to check, but it didn't look like a DLR carriage to me :D

What I remember of Ken and the tube is that when I first arrived in London, a weekly ticket between South Kensington to Aldgate East cost me £7.20 - and I could only go on that direct route, so any trips elsewhere (for shopping, etc.)were extra - as were buses. :eh:

After Ken took over the Zone system was introduced and suddenly I was spending about £3 less on a Zone1 Travelcard, which allowed me unlimited travel to and from anywhere in Zone1 by bus or tube!! I can assure you, there were few complaints from me!! :thumbup:

Now THAT was a transport shake-up!!
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburgh
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby William Joseph » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:10 pm

I do not have a problem with people having different political views than me. But I dislike bigots who spout bigotry just for the sake of it. All parties in some ways are as bad as each other and all have their pluses as well as their minuses. After all no one is perfect.

Thanked by: Dream onblythburgh
William Joseph

Postby blythburgh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 am

William Joseph wrote:I do not have a problem with people having different political views than me. But I dislike bigots who spout bigotry just for the sake of it. All parties in some ways are as bad as each other and all have their pluses as well as their minuses. After all no one is perfect.

I am a Lib Dem member but my ideal party would be bits of the Lib Dems, Labour, Conservative and Green. But as such a party does not exist I have to settle for the one nearest to my views
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Previous

Return to In the news