When you cannot think of a good joke, nick others

The light-hearted side of life
blythburgh

When you cannot think of a good joke, nick others

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 17 2017 9:37am

Shamelessly nicked from the Swagbucks daily poll comments This was the poll question: A flight crew aboard an AirAsia flight from Perth, Australia to Bali are receiving negative criticism for screaming and panicking when the plane rapidly descended 20,000 feet due to a pressurization issue. In your opinion, did the flight crew handle the situation incorrectly?

(Shamelessly nicked from the boaty forum that my niece uses...)

After arriving in a hotel in Manchester, Michael O’Leary went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.
The barman nodded and said, "That will be 1 please, Mr. O’Leary."
Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.
"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6 pm until 8 pm. We have the cheapest beer in England".
"That is remarkable value", Michael comments.
"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 please."
O'Leary scowled, but paid up.

and

They wouldn't get a job with Ryanair! That happens every time the elastic band breaks, and if you can't handle a routine potential crash situation you'd be out on your ear - probably at forty thousand feet without a parachute, Mr Leary doesn't mess around when it comes to dealing with staff who can't source a replacement bit of elastic, what do these girls think their knickers are for?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Re: When you cannot think of a good joke, nick others

Post by macliam » Tue Oct 17 2017 10:14am

Ah, I love the garbage spoken about Ryanair - it's in the same league as that which used to be said about Skoda (when they were winning rallies) and LIDL (now one of the most successful UK supermarkets).

Ryanair crew, on average, are paid more than their counterparts in Eadyjet, BA or Virgin - but, like the flights, there are no frills.
Ryanair on use 727s with an average age of 5.5 years - in contrast BA 747 are over 20 years old. So less maintenance for Ryanair.
2011-2015 Ryanair carried 400m passengers on 2.5m flights without any serious accidents.

Yeah, O'Leary is an obnoxious git - but he's built Ryanair into a mainstream airline based on cutting out "waste". Other airlines now follow suit.

Still, why let the truth......
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me