WARNING: For all those diving within the M25...

Media articles about money-saving topics

Re: WARNING: For all those diving within the M25...

Postby William Joseph1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Seems simple to me. You enter your number plate on the TFL site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissi ... ge-checker and it tells you whether you are liable or not. My car 2004 Fiat Panda is not liable. Only needs to be done one time. Once you have done it you know whether it is liable or not.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.

Thanked by: blythburgh
William Joseph1

Postby Boro Boy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:18 pm

William Joseph wrote:Seems simple to me. You enter your number plate on the TFL site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissi ... ge-checker and it tells you whether you are liable or not. My car 2004 Fiat Panda is not liable. Only needs to be done one time. Once you have done it you know whether it is liable or not.

Again - you miss my point - you would only be looking on that site if you knew you had to; if you didn't know the T-Charge was coming in on the 23rd Oct, more than lightly you would not go looking at any web site.
Boro Boy

Postby William Joseph1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
William Joseph wrote:Seems simple to me. You enter your number plate on the TFL site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissi ... ge-checker and it tells you whether you are liable or not. My car 2004 Fiat Panda is not liable. Only needs to be done one time. Once you have done it you know whether it is liable or not.

Again - you miss my point - you would only be looking on that site if you knew you had to; if you didn't know the T-Charge was coming in on the 23rd Oct, more than lightly you would not go looking at any web site.
As I said earlier in the thread my dialogue with you on this thread has finished. I am not responding to you at all but making a general point about the charge.
If you like a persons post, then be polite and use the thanks system to say thank you. Click on the thumbs up in the relevant post.
William Joseph1

Postby Boro Boy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Well someone must be listening at TFL... They started an advertising campaign tonight - better late than never:
T Charge.jpg
T Charge.jpg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Boro Boy

Postby Luke_PieStalker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:20 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:WJ, you strike me as more of a 'Bomber' than a 'Diver'

Kev don't go swimming anymore, not after the last time when the 'S' fell off you Speedo and you didn't notice

Havent seen so many police swoop in since Mackems NYE shed party of 1976

Thanked by: blythburghkevinchess1
Luke_PieStalker

Postby Boro Boy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 pm

It seems that Oxford leads the way, according to this article: https://www.petrolprices.com/news/oxfor ... -emissions

Boro Boy

Postby Boro Boy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 pm

The fines will be posted out and about to hit letter boxes about now...! :thumbdown:
Boro Boy

Postby jaytee » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Boro Boy wrote:

Just tried following William Joseph's link and got this:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from tfl.gov.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Thankfully, I live hundreds of miles from the M25.

jaytee

Re: WARNING: For all those driving within the London Congestion Zone

Postby William Joseph1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:21 pm

jaytee wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Just tried following William Joseph's link and got this:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from tfl.gov.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Thankfully, I live hundreds of miles from the M25.
The only information necessary to be entered on this site is your car Registration Number. Info that anyone can get when they walk down the street.

The charge has nothing to do with the M25 anyway. It is only applicable to a smallish area of central London. The original title is misleading in my opinion.

Thanked by: blythburghDream on
William Joseph1

Postby expressman33 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Will the money made from this charge be used to make the air cleaner ? I doubt it , just a money grabbing exercise
and then why should this only apply to London ?

Thanked by: dustie
expressman33

PreviousNext

Return to In the news