2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Boro Boy

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM - Just an idea

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Jan 18 2018 5:06pm

...So I was doing some Spring Cleaning and found some paperwork from 2008... OK so it has been a while since I looked in the cupboard concerned! But what I found may be of direct help to iMutual and to my knowledge it is an area that has never been discussed: When I was a member of Mutual.net (a similar organisation as iMutual) they formed a partnership on their affiliates card system with MBNA. Not only did it derive Mutual.net with a passive income stream but it also was a joint logo'd card so it was instant advertising and was no doubt used by members and non-members alike; I don't know how many new members were achieved via this route but no doubt a great deal of income was raised for Mutual.net without much effort.

The card was logo'd Mutual Points as by this time Mutual.net had morphed into Mutual Points as their shares listed and instead of receiving shares anymore alongside the cash back, you received points on purchases which could be exchanged for goods etc.

Just thought I'd share that as it is something where little time and effort could produce income for iMutual as well as be a form of advertising and gain new members, again without a great deal of input.
iMutualPoints.jpg
iMutual Card...?
iMutualPoints.jpg (136.33 KiB) Viewed 5166 times

BeautifulSunshine

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Jan 18 2018 6:48pm

It's a good idea.

+1 from me.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Jan 19 2018 7:43am

Nice idea... but
- MBNA have sold their UK card operation, I think to Lloyds. Almost all affiliate cards (airlines, hotels, etc) have been closed to new applicants
- A major driver behind this is a sharp reduction in interchange fees, which were a significant revenue earner for card companies and which funded loyalty schemes like this.

In short, this looks like an opportunity that is no longer available.

Prawn_Lover

Post by Prawn_Lover » Fri Jan 19 2018 10:34am

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jan 19 2018 11:26am

Prawn_Lover wrote:Richard try this: https://www.raconteur.net/business/powe ... edit-cards
The newsletter you have linked to Boro Boy/Prawn_Lover or whatever your name is, is almost four years out of date. Or even maybe your name is London Lad or even possibly DazBlade.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover, Kelantan

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Jan 19 2018 12:03pm

[quote="William Joseph1" Or even maybe your name is London Lad or even possibly DazBlade.[/quote]

I have been :shock: that Londonlad hasnt also posted a link from years gone by as well. :roll:

If i was able to have as many apparent different accounts as boroboy/londonlad/prawnlover/dazblade I would be going Richard Richard Richard :thumbup: as well :roll:

Here are some more links from years gone by from a customer/consumer point of view.

http://uk.creditcards.com/credit-card-n ... s-1366.php

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spen ... 86923.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/loan ... 46276.html

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jan 21 2018 5:47pm

Shame - Little use trying to stimulate positive discussion to promote iMutual here, it just leads to encrusted comments and unearths all sorts of rubbish.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Jan 22 2018 7:30am

Boro Boy wrote:Shame - Little use trying to stimulate positive discussion to promote iMutual here,
I do sympathise with your frustration. But Richard has made clear that he remains fully occupied with earning a living and is unlikely to be able to give much attention to developing IM until around mid-year. Meantime, discussing business development proposals is probably counter-productive.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jan 22 2018 1:22pm

pabenny wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Shame - Little use trying to stimulate positive discussion to promote iMutual here,
I do sympathise with your frustration. But Richard has made clear that he remains fully occupied with earning a living and is unlikely to be able to give much attention to developing IM until around mid-year. Meantime, discussing business development proposals is probably counter-productive.
Au contraire, keep the ideas coming.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Jan 24 2018 1:33pm

Thunderfog wrote:
pabenny wrote:
Au contraire, keep the ideas coming.

It seems we all missed the opportunity with the Credit Card partner route but there must be lots of other Partnership incentives with little or no financial input that could produce an income stream - lets get out thinking caps on - any ideas out there? :crazy:
Thanked by: richard@imutual