Shares

Shares

Postby blythburgh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:14 am

I admire the fact that some people are doing what they can to help imutual in various ways. But wonder why.

Is it because they care about the site and intend their shares to be something that will effectively die with them as they choose not to include them in a will. That is my position.

Or do they want imutual to grow and become so profitable they can sell some or all of their shares?

Not prepared to speculate which camp anyone is in though.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Sharing: *

Re: Shares

Postby Constantine » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 am

blythburgh wrote:...
Is it because they care about the site and intend their shares to be something that will effectively die with them as they choose not to include them in a will. .

How do you 'not include' something in your will?

Thanked by: Boro Boyblythburgh
Constantine

Postby parchedpeas » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 am

Although I'm not on-board with the B Share idea and I hope this place runs forever (and am very happy for Richard to see the fruits of his labour), there would be something quite poetic about this place being consumed by carpetbaggers.

Thanked by: richard@imutualDream onmacliamblythburgh
parchedpeas

Postby blythburgh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 am

It would be sad if the carpetbaggers ended up with the site and I will stop pushing it if that ever happened.

You cannot include anything in a will by simply saying all other possessions apart from imutual sharesfor example
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby Chadwick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:53 am

blythburgh wrote:Is it because they care about the site and intend their shares to be something that will effectively die with them as they choose not to include them in a will. That is my position.

Or do they want imutual to grow and become so profitable they can sell some or all of their shares?

:?
I'm not sure this comes across as you intended. It sounds like you aren't interested in imutual getting any bigger, and certainly not to the point where your shares are worth something. You'd prefer that on your death the site and its shares are so worthless, and have no hope of ever having a value, that you can simply discard them.

That's what your words above say, but it doesn't tally with other comments and posts you make.

Thanked by: kevinchess1
Chadwick

Postby Boro Boy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 am

Constantine wrote:
blythburgh wrote:...
Is it because they care about the site and intend their shares to be something that will effectively die with them as they choose not to include them in a will. .

How do you 'not include' something in your will?

When you die your shares do not "die" with you. They become part of your estate and are passed on in your Will if you do not have a Will they are considered intestate and passed on to your relatives in accordance with the laws of intestacy.

Is it more that you do not want thing to change? If so I believe the site will gradually die as no money spent on it will see it fall behind technological speaking and become less attractive to both retailers & new members and slowly or perhaps quickly it will die. So if you are talking about the shares being worthless forever you could have your way...
Boro Boy

Postby blythburgh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 am

The site will change. Richard is going back to working full time for the site later this year and then he will have the time to do all the things he wants to do to improve the site.

And I suppose I could will my shares to Richard.

Thanked by: Dream on
blythburgh

Postby Boro Boy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm

blythburgh wrote:The site will change. Richard is going back to working full time for the site later this year and then he will have the time to do all the things he wants to do to improve the site.

He is going to have to raise cash to make any improvements, what do you think is keeping him away now other that the lack of cash and the availability to raise this "elsewhere".... Are you suggesting to restrict iMutual to taking out bank loans as the only way of raising funds to improve the website, possibly advertise but definitely attached new members?
Boro Boy

Postby blythburgh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:The site will change. Richard is going back to working full time for the site later this year and then he will have the time to do all the things he wants to do to improve the site.

He is going to have to raise cash to make any improvements, what do you think is keeping him away now other that the lack of cash and the availability to raise this "elsewhere".... Are you suggesting to restrict iMutual to taking out bank loans as the only way of raising funds to improve the website, possibly advertise but definitely attached new members?

No, the site has earned sufficient money recently for Richard to return to work here full time when his present contract ends later this year. We do not need to advertise, word of mouth is by far the best advertisment. We do not need to get a bank loan.

I really feel you are flogging a dead horse with the B shares idea.

Thanked by: kevinchess1Dream onWilliam Joseph1
blythburgh

Postby Boro Boy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

No, the site has earned sufficient money recently for Richard to return to work here full time when his present contract ends later this year. We do not need to advertise, word of mouth is by far the best advertisment. We do not need to get a bank loan.

I really feel you are flogging a dead horse with the B shares idea.

I don't think you have read the accounts! The reason the shares are currently worthless is not because we are floating in money...

What is the alternative? A Bank Loan...?
Last edited by Boro Boy on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boro Boy

Next

Return to Questions and feedback