Post-of-the-month results - February 2018

Richard Frost

Re: Post-of-the-month results - February 2018

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 01 2018 10:35am

blythburgh wrote:To avoid any suggestion that family are boosting thanks we should all refrain from thanking relatives by blood or marriage. But that should only be a voluntary ban and not have to be enforced by the staff here who quite frankly have far more important things to do with their time.
Actually that is not what I am suggesting. They are valid and deserved thanks. I am simply highlighting what I see as a broken system.
Thanked by: Kelantan

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 01 2018 10:37am

richard@imutual wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:The thanks system on here in my opinion is not up to scratch and is greatly underused

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it :thumbup:
I am not sure that it can be improved! But I do think that more people should give credit where credit is due. I think some people are very selfish, but that's not just imutual. It seems to be a general thing about our modern world. There is very little community spirit anywhere. There is no doubt the winner made some very good posts How many people use the offers he posts? A lot more than 11 I suspect. I never thank him (and do not partake of his offerings either) Most of them I find for myself. There are a couple of other people I do not thank. Maybe I should thank him but I tend to feel he has the balance in his favour already and does not need my humble offering. The other couple of people I never thank are for personal reasons. IE: I simply do not like them, one is a racist and the other is an idiot. I am simply highlighting something that in my opinion is broken (for whatever reason).

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Mar 01 2018 10:38am

William Joseph1 wrote:
blythburgh wrote:To avoid any suggestion that family are boosting thanks we should all refrain from thanking relatives by blood or marriage. But that should only be a voluntary ban and not have to be enforced by the staff here who quite frankly have far more important things to do with their time.
Actually that is not what I am suggesting. They are valid and deserved thanks. I am simply highlighting what I see as a broken system.
Not saying my idea is the same as your views and just an idea but one we practice.
Thanked by: Kelantan, Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 01 2018 10:55am

TBH, I am not sure why I am bothering myself about this. Considering the prize for this and most other has "no known value" or worthless, maybe I should give up thanking anyone on the basis that it is just a waste of time. I doubt I will though. One thing is for sure if the shares are ever worth anything, I will not profit from them.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Mar 01 2018 11:42am

William Joseph1 wrote:. The other couple of people I never thank are for personal reasons. IE: I simply do not like them, one is a racist and the other is an idiot. I am simply highlighting something that in my opinion is broken (for whatever reason).
I must find time some day to see if I am the idiot, hopefully not the racist. I mean I have bought records and cd's by black artists ;) (Proof that the 1969 hairdresser was not a racist in Endeavour was she had bought tickets to see Sammy Davis jr. She was not a racist but her customers did not want her to use towels that had previously touched the heads of people of colour.) If you think that is an exagerration then you were not alive in 1969.

The world has moved on, now it is immigrants who are white skinned who the same sort of people want out of this country.`
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 01 2018 12:01pm

blythburgh wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:. The other couple of people I never thank are for personal reasons. IE: I simply do not like them, one is a racist and the other is an idiot. I am simply highlighting something that in my opinion is broken (for whatever reason).
I must find time some day to see if I am the idiot, hopefully not the racist. I mean I have bought records and cd's by black artists ;) (Proof that the 1969 hairdresser was not a racist in Endeavour was she had bought tickets to see Sammy Davis jr. She was not a racist but her customers did not want her to use towels that had previously touched the heads of people of colour.) If you think that is an exagerration then you were not alive in 1969.

The world has moved on, now it is immigrants who are white skinned who the same sort of people want out of this country.`
I do thank you, ergo you are not in either category.
Last edited by Richard Frost on Thu Mar 01 2018 3:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu Mar 01 2018 3:09pm

William Joseph1 wrote:TBH, I am not sure why I am bothering myself about this. .
We both know the reason, nothing to do with the weather. :lol:
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 01 2018 3:29pm

cccashbacklover wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:TBH, I am not sure why I am bothering myself about this. .
We both know the reason, nothing to do with the weather. :lol:
If I knew the reason I would not have said it.
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Mar 01 2018 5:27pm

Not sure how we ended up discussing Racism in t 60’s but I remember my dad taking me to work when he was a delivery driver
We would stop for lunch at a Transport Cafe which had a sign ‘ No Blacks or Irish’
Different times
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Mar 01 2018 5:43pm

Back on Topic
I think the issue is,not so much ‘thanking your friends ‘ but that many members don’t Thank at all
Politically incorrect since 69