Should he be praised or hounded...?

Media articles about money-saving topics

Re: Should he be praised or hounded...?

Postby Boro Boy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:44 am

Oh I have got it! Next you lot are going to tell me all those things in his pockets that he had taken were gifts for the poor and he didn't break in he just got lost and happened to force his way into somebody else's house by mistake....

Speaking from the stand point of someone who has been burgled more than once... they were lucky I didn't catch them!

There is no excuse for burglary and every pensioner should live without the fear of finding an intruder in their home.

Boro Boy

Postby kevinchess1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 am

Please link to where it says he had 'Stuff in his pockets'
Politically incorrect since 69
kevinchess1

Sharing: *

Postby 1960mackem » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Bye the bye, if I found myself confronted by an intruder I would encourage him to drop everything and flee or defend himself from Mrs Macky :evil:

Thanked by: kevinchess1
1960mackem

Postby William Joseph1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:06 pm

No where have I said that either party are guilty or innocent. Simply that it is wrong to prejudge anyone. No one has been charged with anything yet. In the fullness of time if appropriate, the facts will be outed in a court of law. That is the proper place for guilt and innocence to be decided if the case gets that far. Not by a kangaroo court in the threads on imutual.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Thanked by: Dream onparchedpeas
William Joseph1

Postby expressman33 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm

As the saying goes " an Englishman's home is his castle" , any burglars/intruders deserve what they get. You are meant to be able to use "reasonable force" , so should you wait for an intruder to attack you first ??? I wouldn't

Thanked by: adamred6Boro Boy
expressman33

Postby kevinchess1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:20 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:No where have I said that either party are guilty or innocent. Simply that it is wrong to prejudge anyone. No one has been charged with anything yet..

This is where my knowledge of the law is greater than yours and I can state categorically that the dead man will not face charges!
Politically incorrect since 69

Thanked by: Dream onBoro Boy
kevinchess1

Sharing: *

Postby Derbiean » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm

In my opinion it is a occupational hazard for burglars that they may come up against somebody who is capable of defending themselves, their families and property and as they are clearly demonstrating a complete disregard for the rights of others they themselves forfeit all rights and protections of the law. The pensioner should be given a medal for ridding the world of such a scumbag instead of possibly facing criminal charges, the poor guy has a taken a life which is an awful thing to have to do and may never feel safe in his own home again none of which is his fault.

Hopefully he does not have the stress of facing a trial. He's been bailed so at least thats a good start. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43648896

Thanked by: kevinchess1expressman33Boro Boyadamred6
Derbiean

Postby blythburgh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:51 am

I have been burgled more than once. The police did not really want to be bothered. Long story and I do not want to relive it more than I have to so will leave it at that.

But a friend was told by someone they knew, she will not be burgled again, it was a drug addict who was caught on the job.

I felt then and feel now I did not want him to go to prison but would like him to know how much pain and fear he caused me. And for him to get treatment for his drug addiction. Prison solves nothing for addicts and can even make the addiction worse.

I feel for the family of the dead man who have lost someone they loved. But I feel even more for the householder who has to live with the fact he has killed a man. Even if cases of self defence, and what I have heard it was self defence, you still have to live with the fact you are alive but someone is dead because of your actions.

The householder has been released on bail which is the way it should be IMHO. Whether or not he will be charged is up to those who have all the facts not just what the media decide or are allowed to tell us. IF charged it will then be up to 12 members of the public who will hear all the facts to decide.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Thanked by: Dream onMP3746
blythburgh

Postby Oggy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am

Definitely should not be charged. I keep a baseball bat by my bed. Bring it on!! :thumbup:

Thanked by: Boro Boy
Oggy

Postby William Joseph1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 pm

So all that hype about nothing. No charges will be brought against the homeowner. Released without charge. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Thanked by: Dream onDerbiean
William Joseph1

PreviousNext

Return to In the news