What do you want from this club?

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

Which statement most closely matches the investment approach you want our club to take?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27 2018 12:00pm

Cautious: We should invest in relatively safe, established companies. I am happy to limit the potential gains we might make and do not want to take high risks
25%
Adventurous: I am investing with funds that I can afford to lose and am happy to invest in high risk companies to have a chance of achieving high returns
75%

Total votes: 8

kevinchess1

Re: What do you want from this club?

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Apr 06 2018 12:07pm

parchedpeas wrote:
I thought we had this one as a divi stock?

We need to make our minds up what we're about before we throw out the baby with the bathwater. I've got no real confidence in the share price for GNK, but they've paid divi's out for years.

https://www.greeneking.co.uk/investor-c ... eene-king/

I'm not saying HOLD is right, by all means let's see what other think (that's a second, I suppose) but I'm not keen on flogging everything off before we've worked out what on earth we're doing.
Yes but we are still down on this share even if you factor in the Divi
It was our chairman who started this discussion and he is usually in favour of hanging on to these type of shares

Need one more member to support a vote
Politically incorrect since 69

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri Apr 06 2018 12:50pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
parchedpeas wrote:
I thought we had this one as a divi stock?

We need to make our minds up what we're about before we throw out the baby with the bathwater. I've got no real confidence in the share price for GNK, but they've paid divi's out for years.

https://www.greeneking.co.uk/investor-c ... eene-king/

I'm not saying HOLD is right, by all means let's see what other think (that's a second, I suppose) but I'm not keen on flogging everything off before we've worked out what on earth we're doing.
Yes but we are still down on this share even if you factor in the Divi
It was our chairman who started this discussion and he is usually in favour of hanging on to these type of shares

To be honest, due to the disagreement of how and what to have in a vote I don't think there is agreement how to have one. Hence now I think we need to concentrate on finding as near to the common ground, which provides the best fit for us all as members, so we can reorganise the portfolio and move forward with a renewed purpose.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Fri Apr 06 2018 1:10pm

kevinchess1 wrote: Yes but we are still down on this share even if you factor in the Divi

I'm not sure you and I are on the same page re a divi stock. For me, it's something you buy and then you get the return each year, the price of the share is not that interesting because it's all about having an income. If you get growth as well, that's a bonus. But I'm not sure that's what others are expecting from the club.

Without CLLN, which was bordering on almost fraud the more you read about it, we were doing ok. I understand the need to rethink and repurpose, but instead of actually moving things forward, this rethink seems to have stalled the ship.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Apr 06 2018 7:08pm

If a share is paying a good dividend and we can reasonably expect that to continue, then a poor performing share price is not too much of a concern as the share will no doubt be a long-term hold.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]