What happens to the Marcus's ...?

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
cccashbacklover

Re: What happens to the Marcus's ...?

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 16 2018 8:03am

Boro Boy wrote:[

The average daily transaction rate of about 5,000 should be a useful indication of the number of regular users, but I guess that needs to be divided by the number of clicks/transactions each member makes - guestimate is the correct word here! :crazy:
Approx 20 daily clicks including multiples of the same one where allowed, before someone posts back with exact number note the word "approx"

5000 divided by 20 = 250

Less any spend/other no spend purchases that are done which is unlikely to be a high number averaged out on a daily basis

Plus any daily clicks that some users might not do/not get tracked.

Rough idea .............

RonFlorabud

Post by RonFlorabud » Mon Apr 16 2018 8:33am

So not very many, maybe as low as 3% of the total membership.
Thanked by: stockportcounty

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Apr 16 2018 9:33am

Boro Boy wrote:What happens to the Marcus999's (he introduced himself as a new member 11/04/2018) of this world after they have joined iMutual?

Should some thought be but into a programme of contacts to get them established and become a fuller contributing member of the site? I would like to think that a more active member will be more likely to introduce referrals...

Positive comments welcome. :eh:
I think it's quite normal for most people to not be interested in some nerdy online geek forum (as they might characterise it). A bunch of 16 year olds shouting LOL at each other and communicating with smileys (because they're smileys with a colon and a bracket, not 'emoticons' for Christ's sake). Mutter mutter etc.

Thinking of my friends, approximately zero of them have gone on to become serious users of the site. To be fair, one did use Rpoints (not the forums) until it went belly up. And two others very occasionally posted on the Rpoints forums (maybe a dozen posts between them). They can't be bothered to come here every time they want to buy something, just to save a quid, and they certainly can't be bothered with chatting about how they saved a quid with a bunch of strangers.

So, I'm really not surprised that there are people who post hello on the forums and then are never seen again. Possibly never even log into the site again, let alone the forums. If you told me the rate of forum use vs membership was below 5% I'd believe that.

Having said that, maybe a follow up "welcome" email would be a good idea. Most of us come here out of habit to some degree, so an email that provided reasons to come back to the forums might be one way of starting that habit. In the same vein, a 'haven't seen you for ages' message could possibly remind existing members about the site/forums.

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Apr 16 2018 10:07am

Chadwick wrote:They can't be bothered to come here every time they want to buy something, just to save a quid,
Depends if you have a job . Daily clicks can add up if you are serious about doing them
Thanked by: stockportcounty

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 16 2018 10:51am

expressman33 wrote:
Chadwick wrote:They can't be bothered to come here every time they want to buy something, just to save a quid,
Depends if you have a job . Daily clicks can add up if you are serious about doing them
Do you not understand definition of "buy", point that was made which is true is vast majority of people cant be bothered to log into a cashback site when they want to "BUY" something just to get what is mostly a small % off the purchase then have to wait 3, 4 or more months to get it.
Thanked by: Chadwick, stockportcounty

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Apr 16 2018 10:58am

cccashbacklover wrote:
expressman33 wrote:
Do you not understand definition of "buy", point that was made which is true is vast majority of people cant be bothered to log into a cashback site when they want to "BUY" something just to get what is mostly a small % off the purchase then have to wait 3, 4 or more months to get it.
Paid £73 for home insurance , £40 cashback to come , wouldn't call that small

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Apr 16 2018 3:36pm

cccashbacklover wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:[

The average daily transaction rate of about 5,000 should be a useful indication of the number of regular users, but I guess that needs to be divided by the number of clicks/transactions each member makes - guestimate is the correct word here! :crazy:
Approx 20 daily clicks including multiples of the same one where allowed, before someone posts back with exact number note the word "approx"

5000 divided by 20 = 250

Less any spend/other no spend purchases that are done which is unlikely to be a high number averaged out on a daily basis

Plus any daily clicks that some users might not do/not get tracked.

Rough idea .............

I accept its a rough idea but not so sure 20 activities (purchases or clicks or combination) is carried out by each visiting member per day; again a qualified guess but probably nearer 5 activities (on average) so more daily visits by more members = 1,000 members (maybe). :think:

Slightly more healthy but still miniscule for a company running 8 years (?)....

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Aug 28 2019 4:27pm

With the discussions going on I thought it worthwhile reviving this thread to highlight it is not the one day wonder members like the Marcus999's of this world but the worrying factor is when the Lizg1956 and the mike330ci of this world, who have been members for 3 or 4 years and suddenly give up heart and leave the site...

I wonder why the site looses its attraction to members of such long standing? That is worrying and no doubt a worry to Richard...!?!

I have always thought that the monthly news letter was a good idea to keep in contact with the waifs & strays and at the same time a way of highlighting information; we were told that there was technical issues with mass mailings but these would be fixed after the upgrade - are we still it that position now?

For me the worrying factor of this none regeneration of the website is the fact that long term members are voting with their feet but the most worrying factor is: it looks like nothing is being done to stop them or, more importantly, attract them back... :wtf:
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Aug 28 2019 10:38pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Aug 28 2019 4:27pm

I wonder why the site looses its attraction to members of such long standing? That is worrying and no doubt a worry to Richard...!?!
Maybe the demise of the daily clicks :?:
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Thu Aug 29 2019 7:02am

...and the dull design, poor cashback rates, lack of mobile version, etc.
Thanked by: blythburgh