Is this really edible?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest

Re: Is this really edible?

Postby Sarah » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 am

How about this? Anyone here tried it?

Prezzo Black Pizza
"Made with activated charcoal dough"
https://www.prezzorestaurants.co.uk/black-pizza/

Thanked by: blythburgh
Sarah

Postby blythburgh » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am

The charcoal thing is supposed to be good for indigestion I believe

Sounds better than burning a bit of vegetable then scraping it into a pile and rolling food into it as you can leave the base lol
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby macliam » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am

Gimmicks and food....... :(

Just being able to produce something edible and nutritious without resorting to additives and trickery would help.

That's why I love eating in Portugal - fresh food, cooked well. The bread is a test.... even the meanest eatery has fresh bread that actually tastes and has texture, not chalk-filled "improved" pap. :thumbup:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: dustieblythburghpakefield
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby blythburgh » Thu May 17, 2018 9:07 am

macliam wrote:Gimmicks and food....... :(

Just being able to produce something edible and nutritious without resorting to additives and trickery would help.

That's why I love eating in Portugal - fresh food, cooked well. The bread is a test.... even the meanest eatery has fresh bread that actually tastes and has texture, not chalk-filled "improved" pap. :thumbup:

And that is why we cook mainly from scratch and if we ever buy bread it is from a proper bakery. We do not make our own pasta etc but we do make our own sauce so not 100% from scratch but nearly.

And we have a freezer full of vegetables and meat alternatives so nothing goes to waste. Meat alternatives is a must for a gout sufferer as meat can cause an attack.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Thanked by: dustie
blythburgh

Previous

Return to Life's little questions