Richard: Coming back soon...!?!

Re: Richard: Coming back soon...!?!

Postby macliam » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:37 pm

RonFlorabud wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Rather that just honouring Richard perhaps we should be encouraging him to come back sooner and asking his intentions on developments when he does return full time...!?!

I'd suggest one enhancement would be to dump the forums. It may be a "USP" of imutual, but clearly not really working. 90% of the forum content is utter tosh (impo). Focus on the money, focus on being a decent cashback site. It worked on old Rpoints, but that was a long time ago and a completely different generation of site.

.... and the advantage of dumping the forms would be what, exactly? How would that improve matters (apart from your personal taste?)

My five eggs worth - I see no reason why Richard wouldn't be focused on the money - as he stands to make the most out of imutual's success - but none of us has his viewpoint, so none of us can decide for him when it is time to come back or what he should do first. We can suggest improvements, but I find much of the whingeing and harking back to defunct sites a waste of time, with a lot of people grinding their own personal axes and not much positive input.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Thanked by: blythburghkevinchess1
macliam

Sharing: *

Postby Chadwick » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

RonFlorabud wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Rather that just honouring Richard perhaps we should be encouraging him to come back sooner and asking his intentions on developments when he does return full time...!?!

I'd suggest one enhancement would be to dump the forums. It may be a "USP" of imutual, but clearly not really working. 90% of the forum content is utter tosh (impo). Focus on the money, focus on being a decent cashback site. It worked on old Rpoints, but that was a long time ago and a completely different generation of site.

The Rpoints forums were what made the site different. Rpoints was way more than just a cash back site.

Chadwick

Postby parchedpeas » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:22 pm

If it wasn't for the Rpoints forum, there is no way I'd have the 15 Bet Victor / Victor Chandler accounts I have today.

parchedpeas

Postby Boro Boy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:20 pm

casjen wrote:
blythburgh wrote:

He cannot come back sooner as he has committed himself to the company he is working for and as an honourable man he is not prepared to break his contract or leave his work half done

You haven't a clue at all what's going on so why post such tripe .

So did blythburgh say this, did she know something nobody else does or was see just guessing/blindly loyal/getting paid to say this...? :wtf:
Boro Boy

Postby Chadwick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 am

Boro Boy wrote:
casjen wrote:
blythburgh wrote:He cannot come back sooner as he has committed himself to the company he is working for and as an honourable man he is not prepared to break his contract or leave his work half done

You haven't a clue at all what's going on so why post such tripe .

So did blythburgh say this, did she know something nobody else does or was see just guessing/blindly loyal/getting paid to say this...? :wtf:

Does it actually matter what Richard's reasons are for the timing of his job switch?
Yes, I know we're shareholders, but are we really going to force him to change his plans due to shareholder pressure?

Thanked by: blythburgh
Chadwick

Postby blythburgh » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 am

Boro Boy wrote:[

My post about Richard was based on his posts when he said he would be coming back. I have not got the time or inclination to search for it but if you do one, Boro Boy, you will find it
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler
blythburgh

Postby Boro Boy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:[

My post about Richard was based on his posts when he said he would be coming back. I have not got the time or inclination to search for it but if you do one, Boro Boy, you will find it

...my comments were aimed at casjen...

Thanked by: expressman33
Boro Boy

Postby kevinchess1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:32 pm

blythburgh wrote:

Richard comments on his return on in the 2nd post in this thread
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Sharing: *

Postby Boro Boy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 am

Rather than a standing start we now have a opportunity to discuss improvements...

Boro Boy

Postby pabenny » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 am

Boro Boy wrote:Rather than a standing start we now have a opportunity to discuss improvements...

pabenny wrote:Or perhaps not. Many people have expressed loudly and repeatedly their own views. To re-open that debate now is premature and achieves nothing. I am confident that when the time comes, Richard will solicit input on both site development and business development. Meantime, I suggest that that we all keep our thoughts to ourselves.

Thanked by: Boro BoyblythburghDream on
pabenny

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and feedback