When and how to sell Cineworld?

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

Re: When and how to sell Cineworld?

Postby richard@imutual » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Why are we just discussing a sell level for Cineworld and not the many other stocks we hold?

I would prefer a straight vote on which stock to sell (preferably narrowed down to a choice of 3)

Thanked by: RonFlorabud
richard@imutual

Sharing: *

Postby Beachboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

richard@imutual wrote:Why are we just discussing a sell level for Cineworld and not the many other stocks we hold?

I would prefer a straight vote on which stock to sell (preferably narrowed down to a choice of 3)

I think the sell level is being discussed because we specifically agreed that was going to be part our 'new' strategy for all newly purchased shares i.e. agree what the stop/loss would be and what our sell position is from an early stage (because previously not doing this was identified as one of our failings). There is a case to make that we should perhaps do this pre-purchase and not-post purchase but that is a different discussion.

As far as thoughts on our existing portfolio Garindan started a dedicated thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83955 Some members, albeit not very many, have commented already but I am sure any additional discussions and/or proposals would be gratefully received :thumbup:

Thanked by: RonFlorabudrichard@imutualgarindan
Beachboy

Postby garindan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Beachboy wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:Why are we just discussing a sell level for Cineworld and not the many other stocks we hold?

I think the sell level is being discussed because we specifically agreed that was going to be part our 'new' strategy for all newly purchased shares i.e. agree what the stop/loss would be and what our sell position is from an early stage (because previously not doing this was identified as one of our failings). There is a case to make that we should perhaps do this pre-purchase and not-post purchase but that is a different discussion.

I think it is looking like we may be able to agree a set amount for a tracker for all new shares in the new fund. The key will be to decide at what point to reduce the tracker to a smaller percentage, to hopefully lock a gain, thinking positively.

Beachboy wrote:As far as thoughts on our existing portfolio Garindan started a dedicated thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83955 Some members, albeit not very many, have commented already but I am sure any additional discussions and/or proposals would be gratefully received :thumbup:

Indeed so. At the moment I have suggested we sit on four and review two and see when the time is right to move something along, which I have suggested is not right now.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Thanked by: RonFlorabudrichard@imutual
garindan

Postby Thunderfog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:47 pm

POLL SET: Cineworld [Purchase Price Tracker] Percentage can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=84206
Thunderfog

Previous

Return to Cashback Investment Club