FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
blythburgh

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jul 13 2018 9:46am

Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:Sad result, the game came 4 years too soon for our team IMHO

At least by missing a match with France it will stop the French haters in the country from making trouble. Too many in the Leave and Remain camps have never forgiven De Gaulle for his attitude to the country that took him in and gave it back its freedom, others cannot forget the many, many times we have been at war with them.

One thing I am glad about is being at home for the matches. I would hate to be in the crowds where the leaps in the air by the supporters meant it was raining beer and worse, lager, over everyone. But no doubt the brewers did not mind where there brews ended up as long as they sold it.

So are us ordinary football supporters now Lager and French haters in your eyes...? :eh:
A lot of football supporters love lager (not all, 'im indoors hates it) and there is a surprising amount of people around who hate the French but then again there are a lot around who would send all Europeans living here home ASAP.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Jul 14 2018 2:51pm

No matter how you may feel about this year's World Cup, it will pass.

Unless, of course, you're the bearer of this "artwork"
Think before you ink ...... ink in haste, regret at leisure.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jul 15 2018 12:06am

Well that is it - just about all over now; well its all over for England this time round.... I wonder how pleased Sepp was with choosing Russia...!?!
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jul 15 2018 12:16am

Think it’s been a good tournament but Sepp didn’t choose it
There was a vote
Politically incorrect since 69

planteria

Post by planteria » Sun Jul 15 2018 8:36am

:lol: :clap: great stuff Kelvin.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Jul 15 2018 1:03pm

So they should be ready for next time. You've got to start somewhere.
blythburgh wrote:At least by missing a match with France it will stop the French haters in the country from making trouble. Too many in the Leave and Remain camps have never forgiven De Gaulle for his attitude to the country that took him in and gave it back its freedom, others cannot forget the many, many times we have been at war with them.
Really? People still have a vendetta against Napoleon?
de Gaulle saying "non" was over 50 years ago. Are there people really still bitter enough about that to 'make trouble'. They must have lead a difficult life harbouring that grievance for 5 decades.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jul 15 2018 3:04pm

We've spent 900 of the last 1,000 years at war with France and I had visions of 'Agincourt' being reenacted if we had met them in the final
Not that I have anything against the onion selling smelly cheese eaters I;m positive they would have surrendered rather then risk a penalty shoot out
I think they will win today and 'Well done' to them
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jul 16 2018 9:40am

kevinchess1 wrote:Think it’s been a good tournament but Sepp didn’t choose it
There was a vote

Is that the one where they say the representatives got paid to vote a certain way?

Either way well done France but we are on your tail...! :think:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jul 16 2018 10:49am

Chadwick wrote:
So they should be ready for next time. You've got to start somewhere.
blythburgh wrote:At least by missing a match with France it will stop the French haters in the country from making trouble. Too many in the Leave and Remain camps have never forgiven De Gaulle for his attitude to the country that took him in and gave it back its freedom, others cannot forget the many, many times we have been at war with them.
Really? People still have a vendetta against Napoleon?
de Gaulle saying "non" was over 50 years ago. Are there people really still bitter enough about that to 'make trouble'. They must have lead a difficult life harbouring that grievance for 5 decades.
Yes, some people do not like the French because they were brought up to dislike them by their parents. I know someone who does not like the Frrench because of his Grandfather's influence. I know someone else who will not buy anything Japanese because of WW2 and how some local people were fighting them in WW2 and we all know what happened to anyone unfortunate to be a prisoner of them.

Me, I freel that was then and this is now, a new generation of Germans, Japanese etc.

Others will see any excuse for fighting someone. Just ask anyone of colour who has been verbally abused for being the colour they are. Ask any immigrant working here who has been verbally abused for being here. Ask anyone who has been verbally abused just for the religion they follow or are suspected of following. And sadly too many of them can tell you of the time when the verbal attack became a physical one.
Thanked by: MP3746
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jul 30 2018 3:18pm

On the 52nd anniversary of England winning the 1966 World Cup that question that just doesn't go away: https://news.sky.com/story/senior-mp-ca ... s-11452955

I wonder if this will ever be resolved? The fact that it is still being discussed ay high levels means there is more that me that can't beleive he has got away with it for so long!
Thanked by: adamred6, blythburgh