New season

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
blythburgh

Re: New season

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 28 2018 9:28am

Constantine wrote:
blythburgh wrote:,,,

At least we are not bottom of the table but not doing nearly well enough. We must win next Sunday at all costs. If you think only clubs like Man U and Liverpool have intense rivalry between the fans you have not experience the power of feelings between the Norwich City and Ipswich Town fans.
Piffle.

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen the level of animosity when Cardiff play Swansea or Bristol. In the days when the Soul Crew were about it was bloody dangerous. Actually, come to think of it, when the Soul Crew were about it was bloody dangerous no matter who Cardiff were playing.
Every club has had hooligans who are fans or using the game just so they can have fights but believe me the animosity between the two sets of supporters is extemely intense.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Tue Aug 28 2018 5:10pm

blythburgh wrote:..

Every club has had hooligans who are fans or using the game just so they can have fights but believe me the animosity between the two sets of supporters is extemely intense.

Every club had its hooligans, a lot still do. The Soul Crew were seriously violent. I can remember somebody once did some research, and compiled a league table of the number of arrests for football violence weighted for average home attendance. Cardiff were top of the table.

You can read the book.:)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Crew-Insi ... imutual-21

Publisher's blurb;

The Inside Story of Britain's Most Violent Hooligan Gang; The Cardiff Soul Crew are recognised by police intelligence officers as the most violent football hooligan gang currently active in Britain.
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Aug 30 2018 12:06am

Only 3 games into the season and I've already seen a Man United season ticket nailed to a tree.

I thought to myself: "I'm having that."

After all, you can never have enough nails, can you?
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Aug 30 2018 9:07am

Constantine wrote:
blythburgh wrote:..

Every club had its hooligans, a lot still do. The Soul Crew were seriously violent. I can remember somebody once did some research, and compiled a league table of the number of arrests for football violence weighted for average home attendance. Cardiff were top of the table.

You can read the book.:)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Crew-Insi ... imutual-21

Publisher's blurb;

The Inside Story of Britain's Most Violent Hooligan Gang; The Cardiff Soul Crew are recognised by police intelligence officers as the most violent football hooligan gang currently active in Britain.
I think there is a big difference between the hooligans and how fans feel about a particular club. According to 'im indoors certain clubs are disliked by Norwich City fans but the hostility between Norwich and Ipswich is every bit as bad as that between Man u and Liverpool etc. But to the media only certain clubs have such an intense rivalry. And I am sure Cardiff fans feel just as strongly about Swansea. It just annoys me the way the media downplay such rivalry and make out certain clubs have a far more intense rivalry.

Sorry you are out of the EFL cup but at least you can concentrate on staying up.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Sep 02 2018 2:30pm

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sun Sep 02 2018 3:12pm

blythburgh wrote:

I think there is a big difference between the hooligans and how fans feel about a particular club. According to 'im indoors certain clubs are disliked by Norwich City fans but the hostility between Norwich and Ipswich is every bit as bad as that between Man u and Liverpool etc. But to the media only certain clubs have such an intense rivalry. And I am sure Cardiff fans feel just as strongly about Swansea. It just annoys me the way the media downplay such rivalry and make out certain clubs have a far more intense rivalry.
Cardiff v Bristol trumps everything. :)

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Sep 03 2018 12:08am

Constantine wrote:
blythburgh wrote:

I don't think that contest is likely to happen again for a good while...!?! :think:
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Sep 03 2018 8:11am

Constantine wrote:
blythburgh wrote:

I doubt that rivalry is anywhere different and only just as intense as Norwich v Ipswich

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Mon Sep 03 2018 3:08pm

blythburgh wrote:
I doubt that rivalry is anywhere different and only just as intense as Norwich v Ipswich
Oh I don't know.

'Neil Warnock and Cardiff City are the Antichrist of football'
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... st-1261558

Get that sort of thing in Ipswich? :)

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Sep 04 2018 8:41am

Constantine wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Oh I don't know.

'Neil Warnock and Cardiff City are the Antichrist of football'
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... st-1261558

Get that sort of thing in Ipswich? :)
Dunno, only live in Suffolk but like most of this end this household supports Norwich and shop there as well. Ipswich is a foreign land.

The County Council is in Ipswich and the north of the county only get the crumbs off the table. A friend once went down there to help in a by-election and when he said where he came from the reply was "oh, the frozen north" and it feels llike that.

Latest big idea is to house the archives in a new super duper building in Ipswich. Local group set up to fight to keep archives local as the only way to get to see them otherwise would be a train journey (one train per hour) or a 45 mile each way road trip.

Council said they would reconsider and talk to locals. Then it turns out some stuff has gone to Ipswich and the rest will be on a shelf for people to browse. Nobody in dept. to make sure stuff is not taken home. And it will be removed due to lack of time and never returned because people forget to do so.