Smelling Parkinsons disease

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Richard Frost

Smelling Parkinsons disease

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Sep 07 2022 5:36pm

“Which GP would accept a man or a woman walking in saying ‘the woman who smells Parkinson’s has told me I have it’? Maybe in the future but not now.”

Joy Milne is working with scientists to develop a test to identify people with Parkinson’s by their smell. The 72-year-old, from Perth, Scotland, who has a heightened sense of smell, noticed that her late husband’s body odour changed 12 years before he was diagnosed with the disease
The Week 7/9/22

Chadwick

Re: Smelling Parkinsons disease

Post by Chadwick » Wed Sep 07 2022 7:42pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Wed Sep 07 2022 5:36pm
“Which GP would accept a man or a woman walking in saying ‘the woman who smells Parkinson’s has told me I have it’? Maybe in the future but not now.”

Joy Milne is working with scientists to develop a test to identify people with Parkinson’s by their smell. The 72-year-old, from Perth, Scotland, who has a heightened sense of smell, noticed that her late husband’s body odour changed 12 years before he was diagnosed with the disease
The Week 7/9/22
I heard somewhere about a covid test based on the sound of your voice.

macliam

Re: Smelling Parkinsons disease

Post by macliam » Wed Sep 07 2022 8:45pm

Along with dogs that can "smell" cancer, all these things tell us that there are perceptible "tells" for health issues that are beyond "normal" senses.....

I believe that Joy Milne's ability has now produced a new test to replicate her sensitivity..... another reminder that not all advances come from medical research......
Thanked by: MrsXfile
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me