sandwiches

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

sandwiches

Post by blythburgh » Thu Oct 20 2022 9:41am

If you are in a hotel's restaurant and choose a cheese and red onion chutney sandwich where do you expect the chutney to be:

a) spread on the bread before the cheese is added

b) a large amount of grated cheese between the bread and a paper pot of chutney at the side
Thanked by: gle1975
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Re: sandwiches

Post by Chadwick » Thu Oct 20 2022 11:49am

Normally A.

Possibly B if it's being presented as more of a meal, sort of heading in Ploughman's direction, without all the other bits.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Oct 22 2022 9:44am

I got B and no way could I put the chutney in the sandwich and could not work out how to eat them together. The bread was low quality, the cheese was so mild to be tasteless. 'im indoors had the chicken cesar wrap with the dressing on the side.

I am running out of options for what to eat when we meet up at the hotel restaurant for a family meal. One person only feels comfortable in Morrison's cafe, one turns up her nose at going to Morrisons "nasty smell there". So we all meet up at the same place as the whole point is to give the person who loves Morrison's support. Husband has Parkinsons and he will not let her leave him in the house alone for any length of time. And yes, we do meet up with them in Morrisons. Actually the toast with smashed avocado and poached egg is not that bad. Far better than the 3* hotel restaurant food. IMHO
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

gle1975

Post by gle1975 » Sat Oct 22 2022 12:50pm

I do not like chutney!

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Oct 22 2022 1:08pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Oct 20 2022 9:41am
If you are in a hotel's restaurant and choose a cheese and red onion chutney sandwich where do you expect the chutney to be:

b) a large amount of grated cheese between the bread and a paper pot of chutney at the side
I guess it depends on what class you aspire to be. But whatever, as long as their is a knife to spread it on I can do it myself.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 24 2022 9:50am

Richard Frost wrote:
Sat Oct 22 2022 1:08pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Oct 20 2022 9:41am

I guess it depends on what class you aspire to be. But whatever, as long as their is a knife to spread it on I can do it myself.
But when it is grated cheese and the sandwich has a lot of it then it is impossible to get the chutney into the sandwich.

Maybe I am a snob who is used to good food but I find the food poor quality. Yes, there is a carvery which is very popular. But my problem is the meat. Turkey? Bernard Matthews one that had such an appalling life. Pork or Ham? Again kept in a shed with little room for such an intelligent animal to roam and have a proper life. Beef? Cooked to death so you need a chainsaw to cut it and spend hours trying to chew it.

Yes there is a vegetarian option for the carvery. Tasteless and reminded me of eating sawdust.

But the restaurant area is very large and always plenty of bums on seats. Last Christmas I thought I will have the soup then I will have room for some Christmas pudding. Sorry but it will take at least an hour before your soup arrives said the waitress. An hour for something that is cooked early and kept warm!!!!!

We could go to our nearest pub restaurant, pay the same for far better food. But if one person feels so uncomfortable there how can I even think of suggesting it?

So we will be off to Morrisons with 2 of the party this week and at least there is one thing on the menu that I am happy to eat. But today it is a very nice cafe cum deli for a really tasty meal made with high quality ingredients. In a nearby town and we have to book as it is so popular. And it will not be any more expensive. After that we will do some shopping in town then the joys of Tesco (can you hear the irony in my voice as I said that last sentance? lol)

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Oct 24 2022 10:36am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Oct 22 2022 9:44am
One person only feels comfortable in Morrison's cafe, one turns up her nose at going to Morrisons "nasty smell there". So we all meet up at the same place as the whole point is to give the person who loves Morrison's support. Husband has Parkinsons and he will not let her leave him in the house alone for any length of time. And yes, we do meet up with them in Morrisons. Actually the toast with smashed avocado and poached egg is not that bad. Far better than the 3* hotel restaurant food. IMHO
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Oct 27 2022 11:33am

Met up with cousin and husband at Morrisons yesterday. Sadly only 2 roast dinners left, jacket potatoes or sandwiches from the chiller available and the cafe would close at 5:00 or 4:00 depending on which sign you read. The cousins in law opted for roast and we got sarnies. 2 pots of tea, 2 roasts which had mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, chicken wing and leg, think there was a yorkshire pud and a roast potato as well but now not 100% sure. All for £14 so has to be good value for money. But not for me as I never ever knowingly eat "frankenchicken". (Chickens developed for to grow fast so they can be killed at 5/6 weeks. The body grows to fast so the legs can give way under the chicken. So they end up sitting in faeces leading to painful burns on the leg. Every day the workers will remove those with the worst burns and kill them more because the bird will be unsaleable than putting the poor thing out of its misery)