Deportation to Rwanda

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Re: Deportation to Rwanda

Post by blythburgh » Sun Apr 23 2023 3:01pm

I chose not to vote tactically in the last General Election. I did not want to vote Labour as the candidate was a particularly nasty piece of work and I did not want Corbyn as PM. I looked carefully at the results of the previous election, thought how many would not vote Labour because of Corbyn and decided that there was no way the Tory MP would be beaten. So I did not have to hold my nose and vote Labour.

This time it is District Council elections. Again I have to think how to make my vote count. No LibDems standing in my ward, just 3 Tory, 3 Labour and 2 Green. So being realistic I am having to give all three votes to Labour. But thankfully no holding of nose to do so as all decent candidates and sorry to the Green candidates but do not want to help the a Tory in with a split vote.

Under the new(ish) council 2 wards from the old Council are now merged so far more Labour voters but how many of them will bother (or know) to get the right ID to vote and even then remember to take it with them? Cannot vote Green to show I care about the environment just in case.
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Apr 28 2023 1:37pm

New tactical voting site for the upcoming local elections:
TAKE BACK YOUR TORY COUNCIL

VOTE TACTICALLY in the May 4th local elections.
https://stopthetories.vote/
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Apr 29 2023 10:20am

I have a choice of 3 Labour and 3 Tory and 2 Green. Obviously Labour has the best chance so cannot split the vote by voting Green
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Mar 05 2024 9:11pm

Great takedown of the Home Office by Yvette Cooper, in the absence of James Cleverly (or his alter-ego Jimmy Dimly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAU26MQacpI&t=3s
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me