Transferwise: Fast & cheap money transfers

sue@imutual

Transferwise: Fast & cheap money transfers

Post by sue@imutual » Thu Jul 04 2013 10:20am

Transferwise

Sending money abroad is deceptively expensive, thanks to the hidden fees we've all been forced to pay. Now TransferWise lets expats, foreign students and businesses transfer money wherever it's needed, at the lowest possible cost. No hidden fees, no headache.

See reward offer for Transferwise
Last edited by sue@imutual on Wed Sep 25 2019 8:14am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: -

kevinchess1

Re: Transferwise: Fast & cheap money transfers

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jul 04 2013 10:26am

page not found :thumbdown:
Politically incorrect since 69

michelle@imutual

Post by michelle@imutual » Thu Jul 04 2013 10:39am

kevinchess1 wrote:page not found :thumbdown:
This has been fixed now thanks

chrisking66

Post by chrisking66 » Sun Jul 07 2013 4:48pm

for anyone thats interested, i've just done a small test transfer to test the tracking (well small for me and my history with transferwise)

first how they work, you put in a transfer request for gbp to eu get a quote you can choice to just send x amount (in witch case the receiver just get that days exchange rate) or for the receiver to get a fixed amount if you rather or say you paying a bill and it must be X in witch case you deposit a bit more due the exchange rate shifts (so transferwise make sure theres enought to cover the amount the receiver must get) and other the transfer has been complete they will refund the extra, then deposit via bank or debit card* to they uk office (* up to 2K) they will apron receiving your money match it with other user who wants gbp for eu's who deposited they eur's to they eu office (witch takes 2-3 working days at the most and is normally a lot quicker), they will match with more than one users if needed if someone from the eur only wants £200 and you sent £300 it cant all be matched by just that person ect than it will tell you that say 80% of your transfer has been exchanged and they will keep looking to match, than once fully match since your money is now the eurs someone else deposited in they eu account witch you traded user to user your pounds for, they will send it off to the eu bank you requested it to go to and since the euros are sent from the eu they are normally received within 4 working hours of being sent, witch in turn helps the person that got your pounds witch you to get rewarded for every 10 or so your money helps

you can sent money to family, down payments on hoildays homes, pay your workers if you have any out in the EU, paying collage fees if learning aborad witch would be free to transfer, buying online items from EU sites witch take bank transfers witch are normally cheaper than the uk for the same items a good ect of this would be silver or gold bullion dealers (tho true some sites witch take bank transfers are dodgy so make sure they a real site first eg on trust pilot and have good reviews and a lot of them) the list of uses is endless the above are just a few

since the tracking is horrible at tcb i had 8 claims with transfer wise via tcb for the past few months, (witch i did close 75% of them due the they stealth in changing the t&c from new orders to new customer order some time in april, anyways not the point) *well maybe one if some on in the know could confirm if the terms for cashback are new orders or new customer orders, tho with the page text im thinking its just new orders *

i do a lot of transfers via these guys (£10000+ last month) the point is i just want to let everyone know that i'm currently see how the tracking works, and also that transferwise is in my opinion the fastest (i've had transfers fully complete in 1 working day before and not the paid to complete version (you can pay to convert right away instead of waiting to match didnt explain that above tho its about £20 pounds on 1k like that so i wouldnt), tho if you want more reveiws from me about them you can find some on tcb reviewing page) and the cheapest place to send pounds to the EU or visa vice fees are about 0.05% of the total sent over £300 and under and up to £300 are a flat rate of £1, also the more you use them you get rewarded with free transfers along the way, i will keep using them even if they dont track and they is never any cashback for the service but as always cashback is a bonus hence the testing tracking,

and lastly if any one wants a ref link feel free to pm me, witch entitles you to a totally free transfer of up to 3K (unless of course thats against the rules here, tho i doubt that since i see links in the signature box all the time)

i will edit this later to update on tracking

and yes i know i write poorly and theres a lot to read :lol:

edit * from 6am (still waiting to track tho since can take 7 days to do so thats not a shock, update on the transfer side deposit is confirmed and awaiting matching, very good transferwise working sunday and in the early hours of monday morning)
Last edited by chrisking66 on Mon Jul 08 2013 5:58am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jul 07 2013 6:16pm

If you write poorly as you claim (only read here and there) you certainly write from experience. Brains, success and intelligence are not always reflected in writing. I know this so well having a dyslexic husband. Jackie Stewart, former F! world champion, is a very severe dyslexic and had to get bank staff to write cheques for him. No-one can say he is not a very successful businessman though.
Thanked by: chrisking66
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Jul 08 2013 7:49am

Can you transfer from one GB account to another?
Politically incorrect since 69

chrisking66

Post by chrisking66 » Mon Jul 08 2013 8:48am

kevinchess1 wrote:Can you transfer from one GB account to another?
just done a test to see if i could and you cant not GBP to GBP anyways (didnt think i would be able to since they are after all a money exchange site), tho since most uk bank accounts do have bic and ibans (how the sent the money to the EU account) you should be able to send money from the uk to the uk, as long as you have an account that can receive EURs ect lyodd international

also update on tracking / transfer as of 8:45 am, my transfer tho a small amount has already been matched to eurs and sent out to the eu bank, and going by past orders it will be received there in under 4 hours (tho they page says within 8 hours it will be received), (why cant ever uk business run this fast heck it aint even 9am yet)

tracking is still waiting to show up but thats just a small side of it a bonus like said before, with transfer wises speed and cost i will use tham again and again anyways more so when i do save about 20% on what i use them for vs the uk market (witch sorry i wont answer this i will but not fully with where to buy from ect)

i will update this again when the payment is received and tracking is complete if it does go thu

edit*

last update on the transfer paid now confirmed as received in the eu, below ill summary it save all the reading, still waiting the tracking but as said before is a bonus

7th 4:45pm: transfer requested and the deposit made

8th 6am: deposit confirmed

8th 9:45am: funds match and exchanged to eurs at 1.16 (witch is very close to googles exchange quotes that interbank exchanges get), and sent to the receiver

8th 4:40pm: transfer confirm by the receiver

so all done in under 24 hours for a fee of £1 (under £300 sent),

just to say how fast this was another way (and transfer is normally this fast this is not just a one off, tho the "matching" is normally a little longer if you exchanging more money but only a few hours),

i sent a request in online banking to move £750 from santander to halifax (£5 reward interest ofc) at the same time as the deposit was confirmed 6am this morning and thats still not showing as of 5pm in my halifax (well its most likely there they just have not updated it so its non confirmed), thats uk to uk even sort codes in the same city the banks are 2 doors away on the local high street lol

yet with 15 more non working hours transferwise can receive my money exchange it and sent it to germany, and the local bank confirm receiving it,

the only step transferwise have yet to do is refund my 10 pounds or so extra (normally 1%) that they take more than needed, when you want the receiver to receive a fix amount (to safe guard against exchange marketing moving sharply) witch since thats uk to uk bank via gero (the slow payment system) its topically refunded in 3 working days, witch is out of they hands unless paying for Faster payment service or the like of, so thats not a fault of them or they service, since i really dont see how they make a profit anyways not well keeping the level of speed and service they have,

i will come back and post if the tracking ever tracks, and also watch this topic to answer questions and thank comments that deserve it,

(until then i will stop bumping the new merchant thread lol)

not going to bump just to add this but

update 11th 10am i have still to receive the tracking (tho as said many times this is a viewed as a bonus only for this merchant, tho i will in time claim for it if neededs, tho i wont dispute it if rejected, since i would of used transferwise and the site i ordered from via them anyways due to the service speed and cost)

but i have received the order 3 days after the receiver got the money, so not only did i save 20% or more buying from the EU but i also got the order in the same time frame i would of if i had paid more and ordered from the uk (unless i paid extra on the already higher cost for next day delivery anyways since the free postage at the uk was quoted as 2 - 4 days)

tho not really needed just to edit to say

provision claim open (mainly since save remembering to do it, i do so many things a day it getting annoying leaving my self notes lol)

and also just reordered via transfer wise tho not really to see if it tracked would like it to ofc, but just to use them for an order (largeish amount this time)