blythburgh

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jan 11 2013 11:35am

Live in Britain's most easterly point.

Age 21 this year, last year and next year :lol:

Retired and disabled.

Sort of support 2 footie clubs: Aldershot cos I was brought up in Hawley, Sandhurst and Fleet so my nearest club as a child and Norwich City cos my husband supports them.

Moved to Suffolk aged 20 and would not want to live anywhere else now. Maybe Cornwall but then I do have Cornish blood so I would not be a foreigner depriving the locals of housing just so I could live there. If I won the lottery jackpot (I must remember to meet God half way and buy a ticket) I would not buy a holiday home there but would take regular holidays in Cornish hotels.

I am a practicing Christian and a member of the Liberal Democrats. But I am not a fundamentalist nor do I always agree with Lib Dem policy. If you have different views then that is up to you. To each there own.

I hate politcal correctness (but like politeness) sexism (not just anti women but anti men stuff as well), ageism, racism, disablityism.

I love reading, watch TV and listen a lot to Radio 4. Soapwise: Corrie and The Archers plus Ambridge Extra when it is on. Used to do a lot of complicated knitting but have not done any for quite a while. Love being out in the countryside and birdwatching. Collect modern ceramics on a very occasional basis (cost and where the heck do we put any more limits the buying). Enjoy going to museums and art galleries. (Well I am married to an artist).

I live by the sea and could not bear to live inland again. It is important that the sea is at the bottom of my road. But I never sit on the beach. "Us locals" tend to leave that for others to do.

The idea of going shopping for the sake of just looking around is my idea of a ruined day out.

Interesting fact: I rode a cow (well a heifer to be precise) when I was only 5
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Re: blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jan 15 2013 11:28am

Forgot to say how I got here: I was an RPoints member and so added it to my "portfolio" when I heard about it starting.

More interesting is how I came to be an RPoints member. I was a member of a now defunct forum called PointsVine which had the aims of helping people find earning ops and helping members support charities by daily clicks on their sites.

One day Richard joined an told us about RPoints so I joined. Another lady was, Gloria, a Brit who had emigrated to Australia but was now living in Bali where she was trying to help the poor. She joined PV so she could chat to fellow Brits. I am still in touch with Gloria and her charity has gone on to far bigger and better things. http://www.balicrisiscare.org/index.php for an overview or for more details about what is going on there is the forum: http://www.balicrisiscare.org/index.php/forum

Although Pointsvine died on the vine for various reasons the people behind it started their own PTR site, the mighty Adpaid. I joined that within 24 hours of its launch. And am still a happy member there.

So Pointsvine has lead me down various paths, many of which I am still on.
Thanked by: MP3746
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Jan 19 2013 10:01am

A nice introduction. Your name has been familiar for many years back to rpoints days and I have often wondered about the person behind the name.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jan 19 2013 10:47am

I tried to show a bit of the person behind the name, but I do not consider this a forum to push my religious or LibDem beliefs. If you want to ask me a question that is different, but we all have different views on politics and religion and I do not want to start arguments or offend anyone. Well not intentionally anyway. Can suffer from foot in mouth at times :oops: Especially when there is no body language or voice tone to show what I really mean by my words.

A statement written can seem insulting, when you see the body and/or hear the voice you join in the joke.