Search found 43 matches

Return

by Pandora
Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sugar Tax on Cars...!?!

Cakes and biscuits are zero rated.

Only cakes supplied in the course of catering, and biscuits wholly or partly covered in chocolate are standard rated.

A clear reason to stop messing around with VAT rates in order to buy a few votes, if you ask me.
by Pandora
Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: e Books V real books....

macliam wrote:... BUT, the paperback edition is on sale for £4.50 ..... a 99p discount over the digital format. Is this normal? :eh:...
Books are zero rated for VAT. Ebooks are standard rated. That makes a difference.
by Pandora
Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Orgreave, should there be a public inquiry?

I believe that the police were used as a political tool to intimidate the miners and "send a message" that no successful blockades would be allowed......... Given that the point of the strike was to bring the country to its knees and force the government out of office, what else do you expect? Not ...
by Pandora
Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: metric road signs? How dare they

http://talkradio.co.uk/news/anti-metric-pensioner-who-alters-road-signs-1611257041 I heard about this idiot on Look East News last night and am furious that he was given the breath of publicity by them.... Where have you been? Similar 'idiots' have been doing this sort of thing for years. ...He is ...
by Pandora
Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As I said, from other articles. it seems that the target are not "Road Signs" per se, but distance indicators to points of interest, etc. I can't imagine anyone putting an official road sign up in Km only. :roll: ...... The thread title refers to "metric road signs", and it appears that the TSRGD d...
by Pandora
Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

blythburgh wrote:Bridge heights etc are often in metric.
They are supposed to be both imperial and metric.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29965935

Which would make sense, as we don't want any Polish HGV drivers taking out a bridge at ransom.
by Pandora
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Bye Election result

Not really a surprising result - Tories hold seat in a constituency that has always elected a Tory MP... and running a local Doctor had to help. Not much mention either of the dramatic drop in the Tory vote from over 24,000 to under 17,000. ... That's because there was a "dramatic drop" in the tota...
by Pandora
Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Migration - the positive view

macliam wrote:... each has been absorbed within the fabric of society.
I'm not sure that you can claim that the Anglo-Saxons were "absorbed within the fabric of society". I think it would be more accurate to say that they took over the country and then claimed it was theirs.
by Pandora
Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Migration - the positive view

... each has been absorbed within the fabric of society. .. I'm not sure that you can claim that the Anglo-Saxons were "absorbed within the fabric of society". I think it would be more accurate to say that they took over the country and then claimed it was theirs. .........As did the Romans, as did...