Search found 385 matches

Return

by garindan
Sat Mar 19 2016 1:13pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When we buy and sell

I completely respect your views Kevin but you are painting a rather distorted picture of this :) But then we(the royal we) decided to ignore it :shock: The "royal we" in this case were the majority of members because of the factors set out :o it's ALL right posters saying 'yeah but it's made it all ...
by garindan
Sat Mar 19 2016 4:41pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

* garindan one thing you highlighted that particularly stuck out for me was the comment regarding members not supporting certain recommendations, which raised a really important issue for me. I think there might be a need to somehow distinguish between what are general comments/discussion and firm ...
by garindan
Sun Mar 20 2016 9:24pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As chairman I do need to make decisions and they are not always going to be to the liking of all members. ? And here's me thinking that we are a democracy with an equal vote You've turned the meaning of that one again kevin - I was referring to the fact a decision to call a poll might not be to the...
by garindan
Wed Mar 30 2016 11:08am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kevinchess1 wrote:I don't
But i don't see a problem with having cash in the bank
Ideally you would sell at it's peak
but you don't know when that is :(
Fully agree with that. :thumbup:
by garindan
Sat Jan 30 2016 3:26pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just wanted to add something into the mix on this topic. We also need to consider:

...our current holdings and if it actually makes sense to INCREASE this rather than anything else.
by garindan
Sat Jan 30 2016 4:07pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have some thoughts on the way this system worked and the potential upshot in our case. At the moment we have been building a portfolio. At the time of writing this post (things change so regularly...) my review of our holdings is as follows: - SHRE - I just ignore this one for the moment and it se...
by garindan
Tue Apr 05 2016 9:46pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

dannyluis wrote:I've just signed up using your code chrisw680

My code is Z1G1S . If anyone wishes to use it please do so.

I thought I would have a go and used the above code. My referral code is:

IZJSG
by garindan
Tue Apr 26 2016 9:27am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Member poll: Do you agree to the proposal for the Club's strategy?

Members, Hopefully you have read the proposal I set out. There have been comments but nothing specific to change the details. Their has been support from a number of members to take this forward, so here is a poll to decide whether or not we take this step. The poll is open for 7 days but please vot...
by garindan
Sun May 01 2016 10:48am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Member poll: Do you agree to the proposal for the Club's strategy?

Still 3 votes to be cast, minus kevin as he has in effect voted no by not voting :think: If you voted no or didn't vote and wish to share the aspects that stopped you voting yes that would be really helpful. We should be considering all aspects and keeping them to yourself and not sharing (Rich excu...
by garindan
Tue Jun 07 2016 10:50am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Share club valuation @ 4 Jun 2016

Out of personal interest I did a bit more number crunching for some club facts, which you might also find interesting: - total share costs (after purchases, sales, stamp and commission fees) -£3201.24 - current share value (as of 10:39 on 07/06/2016) +£3145.34 So based on just the purchase price and...