Search found 486 matches

Return

by richard@imutual
Tue Jun 09 2020 12:18pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure Gold Mining - share monitoring

Well personally I'd like to hold. But at the time of writing the vote is tied 5/5 between holding and selling, so it only takes one person to change their vote and we'd be obliged to sell the lot :(
by Boro Boy
Tue Jun 09 2020 1:28am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Investment for June

You will recall that in our discussion I was promoting the benefits of regular premium contributions to purchase shares monthly on reduced commissions and via regular direct debit purchase share on a Pound Cost Averaging basis; you stated that this service was not available to the investment club a...
by expressman33
Mon Jun 08 2020 4:04pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caption comp (ends Fri 12 Jun) + last week's winner

Dominic Cummings returns to Barnard Castle
by Sarah
Mon Jun 08 2020 4:19pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caption comp (ends Fri 12 Jun) + last week's winner

None shall pass - without covering thy face and keeping thee social distance!
by BeautifulSunshine
Fri Jun 12 2020 11:42pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't you all specify/choose investments in advance now? As for paperwork, its one form where you print it off enter the investment and post it off... hardly more difficult that specifying it on the internet. :think: It is a way of reducing your investment costs and opening up a different investmen...
by richard@imutual
Sat Jun 13 2020 8:44am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How our shares performed last week

<r>The performance of our investments during the week ending 12th June was as follows:<br/> <br/> <br/> <B><s>[b]</s>Aviva<e>[/b]</e></B> fell 19.8p to £2.77, a <COLOR color="red"><s>[color=red]</s>loss of 6.7%<e>[/color]</e></COLOR><br/> <I><s>[i]</s>Originally bought 117 at £5.12 on 6 Nov 2017<e>[...
by Beachboy
Sat Jun 20 2020 9:21am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An ideal example of a Sector you could have drip fed investment into for future gains, no-body knows the exact turnaround date but possibly three years away would allow time to build up a sensible holding and ride the ups and downs on the way to that point : https://www.france24.com/en/business/202...
by richard@imutual
Sat Jun 20 2020 7:16am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Acquiring more Share Plc shares or not?

Personally I'd rather not continue holding shares in II after this is all done. We bought these shares at 40p in order to get discounted dealing, but the price then tanked to about 25p - losses outweighing any gains from trading discounts. We are perhaps rather fortunate that a suitor has come to ou...
by parchedpeas
Sat Jun 20 2020 11:51am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Acquiring more Share Plc shares or not?

If there's quick cash to be made, then that's what my preference is. Subjec tto that being the case.

The £3 discount per trade is hardly worth holding on to a turkey unless we think there is potential growth.
by planteria
Fri Jun 26 2020 8:31am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure Gold Mining - share monitoring

from the outside: gold mining as a sector could really boom.
monetary policy is contunuing to build enormous public debt bubbles.. gold and bitcoin are the most obvious hedges against 'the system'.
fwiw i hold Newmont rather than Pure Gold Mining, but i assume much of the potential upside is aligned.